1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Throtl little dirty secret

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Alfamoua, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Aug 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM
    Alfamoua

Alfamoua [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17tacoOR
    On August 6, 2021. I placed an ordered for a ARB air compressor. At the time of the order the item was listed as I stock. Three days later the item haven't been shipped out. I checked the status of the order and now it's shipping date won't be until late October. They want me to contact them for alternatives if the date is too far out. Alternative product is not something I interested in or recommend be ARB for their locker. So I want cancel the order. The only way to cancel is to agreed with them on a 10% charge for "make to order" fee. Since this is a "special make" for my vehicle per Throtl. Keep in mind that they got no idea what vehicle I'm going to use with and this is a universal product. I canceled the order and they refunded me with 10% less. I contacted them again and explained to them that it's a Universal product and not "make to order" product. They refused and will only issue store credit for that 10% portion. At this point I have no interest in doing business with a shady company. I filled a dispute with PayPal and the case was decided in my favor. Very disappointed with Throtl for selling a product they don't have then turnaround and want to charge me a fee. First time and last with this company.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Key-Rei likes this.
  2. Feb 13, 2022 at 8:40 PM
    eosrory

eosrory Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD OFFROAD Quicksand
    Thank you for your input. Try to see if the website is legit. Will avoid.

3. Dec 1, 2023 at 4:06 PM
    brich999

brich999 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    16 Tacoma TRD Sport AC
    all tore up already
    Sorry for old bump but I wish I did more research before ordering from them. Two week ordeal dealing with them because I also ordered in stock part they do not have in stock and they also refused to refund me. Tyler told me a refund is a request and they didnt have to refund despite inaccurate listing on their site.

To Top