1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

throttle body spacers

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mfkokoska, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Feb 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    mfkokoska

mfkokoska [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    sydney ns canada
    do your get much gains with thePowr-Flo Throttle Body Spacer

2. Feb 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Run dude. Seriously, run now!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're junk. Don't waste your money.

3. Feb 25, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    like he said^^^^^ tbs= waste of $

4. Feb 25, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    they make nice paper weights tho.

5. Feb 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    beefcake

beefcake J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    ya i have one on my truck, i noticed a slight difference when i had my kn intake on it, but really.... you dont get better fuel mileage, your truck isnt going to be fast because of it and really i bought it when i was younger and didnt know anything. They really arent worth the powder to blow it to hell. So coming from a guy who has one, dont waste your money.... my .02

6. Feb 26, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    chaz834

chaz834 Tacoma 4 Life.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Kendrick, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport MGM
    3'' Tuff Counrty Lift, Moromoto Mini H1 Projectors 5000K 35W, BHLM, 30'' LED Light Bar, Black TOYOTA Emblem, Excelon Touch Screen Deck, Hertz Speakers,Excelon AMP, 2 10'' JL Audio Subs, Wet Okle seat covers, Weather Tech Floor Mats.
    They are Junk.

7. Feb 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    mat

mat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner sr5
    elite offroad front bumper, tool box, rustoleum bed liner, fog lights, alpine head unit, homemade bed extender
    is a throttle body spacer the same thing as an intake manifold spacer, ive just always wondered that

8. Mar 5, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    Kelsey

Kelsey Camping Lover

Member:
    Jasper, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2004 Doublecab TRD 2WD
    K&N, Redline Differential Fluid
    Basically, yes, it's the same thing.
    You hear two arguments about these things...well, maybe more than that, but two come to mind.
    1) They work because they twist/twirl/whirl/speedup/increase/straighten/warm/cool/whatever the intake air supply, and the manufacturers didn't use them because they don't know about this revolutionary technology/the government won't let them use this revolutionary technology because it would kill the petroleum industry/they want to add it later on as a last-ditch effort to jump mpg's up to satisfy the EPA.
    2) They don't work because they don't twist/twirl/whirl/speedup/increase/straighten/warm/cool/whatever the intake air supply, and the manufacturers didn't use them because they know about this bogus technology/having "modifiable" vehicles means customer interest will remain high in those vehicles/they're metal snake oil (aka-junk).
    Personally, I think under CERTAIN conditions on CERTAIN setups they could offer benefits, but I've seen enough different intake setups to know that there will never be one cure-all answer for this kind of issue. The only way you can know if it works for you on your ride is to try it...but don't tell anybody if it doesn't work so you won't be made fun of here you idiot you.
    One important factor: even if it's junk, if it feels like it works, then for you...it works. And those ads are darned persuasive, aren't they?
    Just so you know, I've never used one. But I have sold them and people have come back to me and said they work. Who knows?
    Just send me your money and I will tell you that you have more horsepower. It's just that easy.

Products Discussed in

To Top