1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Throw out bearing? CALL TOYOTA!!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Rydah, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    Rydah

Rydah [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road
    Called Toyota today after finding out I was the latest victim of a bad throw out bearing. After sitting on hold forever, I got a nice lady who basically told me there is nothing Toyota can do for me, as at 69K miles, I was out of warranty. When I asked her why Toyota had not issued any type of recall, or help of any kind for this issue, even though I've seen numerous people complaining about the same exact problem online, she said that until Toyota gets enough call/email complaints, they don't realize it's a problem.

Please, if you have this problem, call Toyota Customer Care. Don't matter if you are in warranty or not, please call so that they can become aware of the issue, otherwise, it's just being handled as one-off items at local dealerships, and Toyota never knows about it (according to her).

Here is the number of Toyota Customer Service:

800-331-4331 (choose options 4, then 6) - be prepared to be on hold.

C'mon fellers, let's play it their way, and beat them at their own game. Once you've called, post up here with the date you called, your year, model and mileage, and I'll keep a master list updated on this first post. Once we get enough names, I'll be glad to submit it to them to show them that this IS a real problem, and not just limited to a few.

I'll be repeating this post on the FJ forums I visit as well. Please feel free to link to it on any other forums you frequent as well, so we can have a central place to amass names.

I'll start it:

Rydah, 4/10/2012, 2006 X-runner, 69K

Products Discussed in

To Top