1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thule Xsporter question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Eternal24k, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Eternal24k

Eternal24k [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 V6 4x4
    Anybody with a Thule Xsporter and a full size bed have photos of how low the racks can be adjusted? I want to double check that they can go lower than the cap.
    Also, any other input would be great, ability to move easily?

I miss my TracRac sliding system, trying to find an alternative that will allow me to park in the garage.
    thanks

2. Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    I don't have the 6' bed but I'm sure the plastic bed material flares at the bottom just like my 5' does. I cut the bottom of mine and it sits below the cab.

3. evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    I have the thule racks and a 6 foot bed, without cutting the bottom of the racks mine can be set about an inch or two below the top of the cab

4. evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    here ya go, the bottom of the racks hit the inside of the bed where the cubby and outlet are as you can see. i bought the racks and toolbox the day after i bought my truck, i use them all the time. i think these are much cleaner looking compared to the trac racks or a traditional steal lumber rack. if you get these make sure you use the rubber strips, without them the racks will whistle bad. i cut the rubber things into 3 sections , one long section for the middle and two little strips about 4 inches for the ends. if you do this you can leave the stops on and still have the rubber strip, or take the stops off so it looks cleaner haha. i fit into my 6 foot garage door no problem.

tacoma.jpg
    thule racks.jpg

5. evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    oh ya, and you can buy the clamps to make the racks compatable with the tacoma bed utility track or whatever, i think it was like 60 more, you can see them in the picture

6. Eternal24k

Eternal24k [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 V6 4x4
    thanks for all the replys.
    Looks like one is definitely in my future

To Top