1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

thule xsporter with RTT

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by aaol1, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Jan 24, 2016 at 12:53 PM
    aaol1

aaol1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sam
    victoria BC
    Vehicle:
    10' TRD sport DCLB
    Rear diff breather Plasti dip emblems and rims Garmin glo GPS receiver + ram mount with tablet Toytec BOSS lift with rear AAL Custom steel bolt-on sliders with kickout Custom aluminum bed rack Wild Coast Tents Sundog RTT mounted to rack 2 x Treds PRO Lime green mounted to rack Shovel + Hi-lift mounted to rack Cheap bush bar 2 x CREE LED light pods with hood mounts 265/75R16 Hercules Terra Trac ATII
    So Ive looked and cant find my answer. For those with an xsporter and RTT, can you adjust the height by hand somehow WITH the rtt mounted? Is it doable?

also, can you lower the rack all the way down without having to cut the rack itself or does it hit against the bed lip inside the box of truck?

2. Feb 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM
    eric801

eric801 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric801
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Trd
    I mounted a Thule xsporter on my taco and couldn't have been more disappointed.

moved, tightened, adjusted and finally just sold it. .....p.o.s.

as well the mounts that attached to the truck bed rail are so long they pretty much made my D clips usless.
    the whole idea that you can take the uprights and cross bar off to load high items in the bed was wonderful except once the uprights are out of the
    mounts (that attaches to the truck) they wiggle off.

I spent way to much time dicking around with them.

you'd be better with a different make if you want a rack that actually preforms.

cheers

thule rack.jpg

3. Feb 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM
    eric801

eric801 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric801
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Trd
    no you cannot lower the rails all the way down as they hit the walls of the bed.

4. Feb 14, 2016 at 2:38 PM
    aaol1

aaol1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sam
    victoria BC
    Vehicle:
    10' TRD sport DCLB
    Rear diff breather Plasti dip emblems and rims Garmin glo GPS receiver + ram mount with tablet Toytec BOSS lift with rear AAL Custom steel bolt-on sliders with kickout Custom aluminum bed rack Wild Coast Tents Sundog RTT mounted to rack 2 x Treds PRO Lime green mounted to rack Shovel + Hi-lift mounted to rack Cheap bush bar 2 x CREE LED light pods with hood mounts 265/75R16 Hercules Terra Trac ATII
    yea ive moved away from that idea, will be getting a custom made rack with tent flush with cab height

5. Apr 15, 2016 at 8:02 PM
    sfcacique

sfcacique Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    4WD TRD Access Cab
    Thule Racks with Hullavator, Pioneer Stereo/Nav
    The Thule racks also have a relatively low weight bearing rating, like enough fur the tent, but don't put anyone up there.

Products Discussed in

To Top