1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thumping at my feet?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by flightcancled, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jan 14, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Starting yesterday every time my driver's side drops there is a weird thump at my feet. It literally feels like someone is tapping my weathertec digifits from the bottom every time the suspension articulates. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

The truck still drives 100% normally and seems fine except for this tapping in my feet.

I can't help but wonder if somehow the bolts on the top of my 1500s got loose when I hit a pothole yesterday although that really makes no sense considering I did the swap over 6 months ago and have wheeled and driven the truck a ton since then.

Edit: I just had another scary thought- could it be my oil filter rolling around? I had my oil changed with full synthetic yesterday at some quick lube place since I didn't feel like rolling aroun in a foot of snow to do it. Maybe they left the old one sitting somewhere and its now rolling around on the fire shield? I would have seen lights come on pretty fast if the new one fell off right?

2. Jan 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Pop the hood and see if your oil filter is in place. If so, then that's not the problem. I felt a similar thumping at the feet too once when the truck was completely covered in snow and ice. Once it thawed in my heated garage the thumping went away. Figured it was ice or something.

3. Jan 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Yeah I have that in mind too, and that is the most likely the case. I can see the new filter, but I can't tell if the old one isn't rolling around somewhere.

Products Discussed in

To Top