1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tibbs' Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Tibbs, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:00 PM
    Tibbs

Tibbs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Leesburg, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD Sport
    3" Trailmaster lift, Trailmaster SSV shocks in rear, 285/70r17 Bridgestone Dueller AT's, Raptor Step Bars, anytime fog lights
    I just bought this truck two days ago and haven't done anything to it yet, but hopefully I'll get a little done to it depending on what my fiancee says the budget will allow since we have to move soon and all. The guy before me put a 3" Trailmaster lift on it with Trailmaster SSV shocks in the rear and the 285/70r17 Bridgestone Dueller AT Revos. I'll post more pictures once I wash all the snow and salt residue off. The first bit I'll do will probably come from the "Cheap/Free Mods" thread, but I'm happy either way compared to what I drove before this :D

I'd like to paint the wheels black and black out the headlights. If anyone is savvy with photoshop, could you make the wheels black so I could see what it would look like?

[​IMG]

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Looks good. I would deffinatly paint the wheels and do the BHLM, it would look sick and is a cheap mod.

3. Feb 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    Tibbs

Tibbs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Leesburg, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD Sport
    3" Trailmaster lift, Trailmaster SSV shocks in rear, 285/70r17 Bridgestone Dueller AT's, Raptor Step Bars, anytime fog lights
    I would prefer to have the wheels powdercoated, which from what I'm told will run about $300 and with a wedding sometime in the future (we haven't set a date yet because she graduates in March and we're gonna wait til she has a job) and us moving in together and all, we're saving every bit we can. Heck to get this I had to sell 2 of my bass guitars, my big ass bass amp, my old truck, my four wheeler and now that I have this I'm gonna sell my 95 Mazda Protege (45 mpg and not a hybrid haha). How hard is it to do the BHLM? I'm kinda nervous about taking the headlight apart :confused:

4. Feb 14, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Ya, it sucks when you have to make sacrafices, but a happy wife is a happy life ;). But you can always just rattle can them until you get the cash to powdercoat. Just food for thought. The BHLM mod from what I read isnt too hard. Just sounds intimidating. I have all the stuff I have just been procrastinating on it. There are a few nice DIY threads on here that walk you through. It seems pretty easy

Products Discussed in

To Top