1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tight Fit - Garage Parking Aide

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by anonymouscuban, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Jan 3, 2018 at 1:33 AM
    Tharris242

Tharris242 Technically

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR DCSB 4X4 A/T FP TO BL
    Solid Fold 2.0, Air Dam
    I use a laser that works off the garage door power/sensors (like the battery operated one mentioned) for the wife's car that pulls in forward (line it up with the edge of the dash centered on the steering wheel). I back the truck in by eyeball.

2. Jan 3, 2018 at 4:50 AM
    eeoman

eeoman Member

Member:
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRDOR
    I have used the tennis ball with a thumb tack in the past, but it annoyed me to walk into the darn thing whenever the truck wasn't in the garage...like when i would wash the truck, walking in and out of the garage getting different cleaners to use. Then one day i pulled in with the windshield wipers going and i pulled in to where the tennis ball just touched the windshield and the wiper "wacked the crap" out of the tennis ball and it went flying around the garage. Never bothered to put it back up.
    Now i just pull in a little bit farther, put into reverse and line the top edge of the bumper along the line the garage door has made on the floor and it is a perfect fit every time.

3. Jan 3, 2018 at 6:54 AM
    cshrum

cshrum Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    17 blue TRD sport DCLB
    Complain? I LOVE that! Way to utilize what space you have available. You rock :thumbsup:

For me, I just used a scrap 2X4 (instead of a $33 rubber stopper), and duct taped it to the floor when I found the perfect spot. I have exactly 2" from the rear bumper to the garage door, and a piece of 24"L X 12"H X 2" thick industrial shipping foam for the front wall that the bumper kisses (ever so slightly ;)). The garage is 233" end-end, and the Tacoma is 229". Match made in heaven!

4. Jan 3, 2018 at 7:21 AM
    SearArtist

SearArtist Hybird

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 Lexus CT200h F Sport
    Battery
    I back into my garage, so the backup camera works just fine...no need for anything else really.

If you are pulling into your garage and not backing into it, you are doing it wrong.

5. Jan 3, 2018 at 7:33 AM
    cshrum

cshrum Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    17 blue TRD sport DCLB
    That is called an opinion sir, and as always everyone's opinions are appreciated! :thumbsup:

If I were to back in to my garage, I would be crawling over the passenger seat to get out, as there is a wall on the right side. Oh, and it is nice to walk in to my house from the garage, as my house door entry stairs are on the left side of the garage along with my motorcycle. And, no, there is not another way to make it work in my garage...because nobody touches my Yamaha! :bikewheelie:

rlx02 likes this.
  6. Jan 3, 2018 at 7:34 AM
    coma toy

coma toy Off Road Taco

Member:
    My garage is part of the house, so I don't want to fumigate my home every time I start it, thank you!

cshrum likes this.
  7. Jan 3, 2018 at 7:37 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Not a competition or anything, but. . . other than the Taco and Forester, our garage has my sporttourer, a full size keg fridge, a stand up freezer, a folded 4x8 trailer with side panels, lawn mower, a few shelves and racks, and our bicycles and Christmas tree hanging above the garage door. All in 19x19 plus an under-stair section. It was the perfect garage before the Taco since I had two motorcycles and a ton of open space. So far, that has been my only regret about the Taco.

This summer, my hope is to get a small storage shed to store the lawnmower, bicycles, and some outdoor stuff.

8. Jan 3, 2018 at 8:24 AM
    rlx02

rlx02 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Western WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Yeah no, not everyone's garages are the same. My tacoma wouldn't fit if I backed into my garage because of stairs that are in the way, but I can pull in just enough and fit since the nose is narrower.

cshrum likes this.
  9. Jan 3, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    SearArtist

SearArtist Hybird

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Battery
    Your garage shouldn't be ventilated into the house, that is a serious code violation.

10. Jan 3, 2018 at 9:40 AM
    SearArtist

SearArtist Hybird

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Battery
    Well, maybe I'm just spoiled with my 28x32 garage (odd size, but the previous owners built it not me) :anonymous:

Products Discussed in

To Top