1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

time for tires, mud terrain?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by t33gee, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Aug 25, 2009 at 12:11 AM
    t33gee

t33gee [OP] aka Tg

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner
    k and n CAI, magnaflow exhaust, NOS
    well i need new tires for my 03 prerunner extra cab and would like some input from you guys. i do mostly street driving but take it in the dirt every now and then. i want an aggressive looking tire like a mud terrain but im worried about performance of them on the street and if they would last. right now i have 265 75 r 16s with stock suspension so i am guessing i cant get abigger tire with out rubbing.

well i would just like to know your guys opinions on some tires and here any positive or negative feedback you may have.

thanks in advance,
    Tyler

2. Aug 25, 2009 at 12:17 AM
    t33gee

t33gee [OP] aka Tg

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner
    also thinking about getting wheels but its not like i have a grand to buy some. how do you think black wheels wold look on my taco? all opinions welcome [​IMG]

3. Aug 25, 2009 at 1:03 AM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Aggressive looking tire that sees mostly street use? BFG A/T, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac, Bridgestone Revo

4. Aug 25, 2009 at 1:17 AM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    Definitely go with black wheel. they would look so sick with some m/t, pretty much your not going to get much tire life out of m/t vs an a/t tire, but my friend has had really good life and performance out of the toyo open country m/t but they are not cheep. if you want a cheep m/t try to find a shop that sells Dayton timberline m/t they are a off brand of bridgestone i almost got them but since i drive 400 miles a week i just got some toyo a/t

5. Aug 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM
    t33gee

t33gee [OP] aka Tg

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner
    any suggestions on a nice looking but not to pricey black wheel?

6. Aug 25, 2009 at 4:18 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I wouldn't get a Mud Terrain tire for street usage, especially on a Prerunner.

M/T's can get squirrely in the rain on the highway and they suck on hard packed snowy roads.

If you had a 4WD, you could probably deal with it and engage 4WD. But with a Prerunner.....I'd go with an AT

7. Aug 25, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    FL Forester

FL Forester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner
    Paint your wheels black. You can do it for less than $30.

8. Aug 25, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I vote for the Wrangler Duratracs. Theyre one of the new agressive ATs out now. Also, check out tirerack.com for some good looking black wheels. They have the Ultra Rogues on sale right now for a killer price. I'm about to go buy a set of em..... :)

9. Aug 25, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Black wheels will be very nice and some BFG KM2s.

10. Aug 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    t33gee

t33gee [OP] aka Tg

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner
    thankyou for your input guys. anyone deal with weelers of road? how are he wheels on there site and how fast is the shipping time?

11. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    I have not dealt with Wheelers personally but I know they have great service from what other members have said.

12. Aug 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Check out the Bridgestone Dueler AT's. I just picked up a set for my 08 and really like them. They have a fairly agressive tread pattern and are a few hundred less than BFG AT's.

Products Discussed in

To Top