1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Time to freshen up my 2014 Tacoma - Recommendations Welcome

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by OkieToyota, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jun 16, 2021 at 3:00 AM
    OkieToyota

OkieToyota [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2014 Black Tacoma T-Force
    Greetings. I don’t post on here often. Pictured is my 2014 Tacoma. Purchased new and just turned 100k miles. T-Force package, so it came with adjustable Bilstein 5100s and BFG KO2 tires from the dealership. The only modifications we’ve done in the past 7 years was swapping tire size to 285/75/16 KO2, wheel spacers, and adjusting the shocks at about 70k miles. For some time, I’ve planned to upgrade the suspension at 100k. We don’t off-road much, though that could change some in the future as the truck ages.

I’ve already ordered and received bronze TRD Pro 4Runner wheels. I run the bronze Land Cruiser wheels on my Tundra, and like the look. I’ll probably stick with K02, but switch tire size to 285/70/17 with the change of rims. Looking for suggestions on suspension. We have Icons on our 2019 4Runner and I have the Fox TRD Pro setup on my 2020 Tundra. No complaints with either, but obviously many more options out there.

I’m sure supply chain could be an issue with certain brands, but really in no rush. Truck isn’t going anywhere, looks good already, and my son only drives it about 1k miles per month. He’s driving it while in college, but knows I get my truck back upon graduation. Hope to make it a two step process. New suspension, wheels, and tires this summer and would like to have it either wrapped or coated next summer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

564CC0EB-2B75-4FB5-B20A-D47B5F278404.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top