1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tips and Tricks on the 3rd Gen Tacoma

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by AAChaoshand, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Nov 22, 2021 at 3:30 PM
    Hossdawson

Hossdawson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hoss
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCSB Sport MGM
    No one knows how to turn on the camera?

2. Nov 23, 2021 at 5:22 AM
    mlr69

mlr69 I had a savings account before I joined TW.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    2" ToyTec/Eibach Pro Sport lift kit 3/4" ToyTec front top plate spacer kit Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/75/17 (34") Hypertech in-line speedometer calibrator 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers Predator Tube Steps BAKFlip G2 Tonneau OEM rubber bed mat OEM all-weather floor liners Gentex frameless mirror w/Homelink @RJP869 Kicker speakers (x6) Radio Knobs @Tacowiede Salex glove box organizer & center console tray LLumar FormulaOne Pinnacle Window Tint ACDF horn kit @BartMaster1234 Total Tail Light Kit @MESO ECT Button Relocation Kit @Tacowiede Minimalist Key Fobs @MESO Ultimate Map & Dome Lights @MESO Fortin EVO-ALL remote start w/cell @jmeitz Tailgate Bolt-N-Lock @KTJO 4x4 Coin Bucket with lid @MESO GermesLab Camera Control System @FreshMexicanTaco Natika front view camera VLEDS LP Reverse Light System LIFTd Customs Fuel Cap Cradle @JIMMEISTER
    Does your Sport have the Advanced Tech Package with Panoramic View Monitor? If not, the only way (without mods) to turn on your backup camera is to put the vechicle in reverse.

3. Nov 23, 2021 at 10:06 AM
    Hossdawson

Member:
    First Name:
    Hoss
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCSB Sport MGM
    The window sticker says it has the advanced technology package which costs $800. Not sure if that is what you are talking about.

4. Nov 23, 2021 at 10:06 AM
    Hossdawson

Member:
    First Name:
    Hoss
    Harrisburg, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCSB Sport MGM
    Sorry it just says Technology package.

5. Nov 23, 2021 at 10:20 AM
    mlr69

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    2" ToyTec/Eibach Pro Sport lift kit 3/4" ToyTec front top plate spacer kit Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/75/17 (34") Hypertech in-line speedometer calibrator 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers Predator Tube Steps BAKFlip G2 Tonneau OEM rubber bed mat OEM all-weather floor liners Gentex frameless mirror w/Homelink @RJP869 Kicker speakers (x6) Radio Knobs @Tacowiede Salex glove box organizer & center console tray LLumar FormulaOne Pinnacle Window Tint ACDF horn kit @BartMaster1234 Total Tail Light Kit @MESO ECT Button Relocation Kit @Tacowiede Minimalist Key Fobs @MESO Ultimate Map & Dome Lights @MESO Fortin EVO-ALL remote start w/cell @jmeitz Tailgate Bolt-N-Lock @KTJO 4x4 Coin Bucket with lid @MESO GermesLab Camera Control System @FreshMexicanTaco Natika front view camera VLEDS LP Reverse Light System LIFTd Customs Fuel Cap Cradle @JIMMEISTER
    From what I understand, PVM is part of the Advanced Technology Package, or you can buy it as an add-on. Regardless, if your window sticker doesn't mention Panoramic View Monitor, you probably don't have the 360 cameras, just the backup camera.

6. Nov 29, 2021 at 5:54 AM
    MyBlueTaco

MyBlueTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 Voodoo Blue - Tacoma TRD Offroad DCSB
    Aftermarket rims (same size/depth as OEM) Grill Guard/Push bar, w/LED light TRD Pro grille, w/color matched lettering Blacked out emblems Drive side seat jackers Predator steps Sokietech Shock Springs - Gas Hood struts Bed cover Window Tint - Limo Color matched fender flares - Painted by the dealership at time of purchase LED interior lighting upgrade Tuffskinz interior protection for doors, center console & door entry areas Paracord pull handles for rear passengers Screen protector for Nav unit & Odometer Meso Customs LED Stage 1 light upgrade for tail lights Smoked LED turn signal indicators Smoked tail lights Matte black bed graphics Garmin Mini Dash cam Quilted leather center arm rest cover Voodoo blue vinyl letters for glove box & tail gate latch Voodoo blue outter vent ring covers Blacked out door handle covers Sprint Booster - I keep it on Sport, Level 5
    If your truck came with the Advance Tech package you will see a button on the left hand side by the steering wheel for the front camera (It's in the cluster by your left knee).

Capture.jpg

When you press that button, it will manually turn on the front camera. After it is turned on you can select "Auto".

That will enable the front camera to come on when you are driving under 5 MPH.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:43 AM
  7. Nov 29, 2021 at 6:17 AM
    DAS Taco

DAS Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAS
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad
    I don't know if this is related but something weird happened over the summer. After I shut off the truck I turned the steering wheel till locked, here is the mistake...when I got back the truck would not start and the dash was like a Christmas tree...everything lit!, the truck now has 16k (miles) then probably 13k,14k...I was shocked!, disconnected the battery, gave it a few minutes then the truck started...so don't do what I did...when it happened we were out of town too...did not happen again. On some other vehicles that we have this thing never happened...

8. Dec 2, 2021 at 1:04 PM
    helix66

helix66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DPRC
    Vehicle:
    2017 DclB TRDor MgM
    ProGrille,MesoStuff,Tinted,AllPro slidersKDmax tune

The ccw is “on your person”, not your seat, glovebox, center console or whatever contraption you build.

If it’s not on you then you’re transporting a firearm, where is is to be locked and unloaded.

cryptolyme likes this.
  9. Dec 2, 2021 at 1:12 PM
    ryanvar42

ryanvar42 That is your opinion. It is wrong.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    None
    False again. CCW per the CA code states concealed is concealed. Regardless if on person or not. That means it can be in a backpack, under a tshirt on the front seat etc.

10. Dec 2, 2021 at 3:58 PM
    AM6217

AM6217 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR-5 DCSB Silver metallic
    I always thought that with concealed carry permit, that the weapon had to be on said person. Not strapped to a side console, or secreted in a vehicle. Etc Etc.

11. Dec 2, 2021 at 4:02 PM
    cryptolyme

cryptolyme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR Access Cab 4x4 2.7L
    you can leave it in plain view then you are "open carry"

12. Dec 2, 2021 at 4:05 PM
    AM6217

AM6217 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR-5 DCSB Silver metallic
    Pretty sure , that firearm should be on said persons body whether concealed or not. And by the way Im not trying to start any stuff with anyone. Not looking to offend.

13. Dec 2, 2021 at 4:27 PM
    Tiny's Taco

Tiny's Taco The Wanderer

Member:
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    That's a horrible idea. What time?
    I was taught that "concealed" meant "not visible." So sitting on the front seat next to you, it isn't visible to the car next to you or anyone approaching. If it is a holster attached to you console and not visible to a person standing next to your car, it is concealed or not in view. I think it comes down to knowing what the legal definition is for you state / jurusdiction. And if you don't know, then have a good lawyer on retainer. Which is probably a good idea for a gun owner anyway.

14. Dec 3, 2021 at 5:27 AM
    mlr69

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    907rx7 and fczabala like this.
  15. Dec 3, 2021 at 11:40 AM
    907rx7

907rx7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '20 Tacoma DCSB SR 4x4
    I can't remember when but I was staring at my cruise stalk and realized all you have to do is long press the cruise button for normal cruise control...
    :anonymous:

Products Discussed in

To Top