1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Load Rating???

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by dbh1189, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Feb 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM
    dbh1189

dbh1189 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2013 White Tacoma Base
    Will these tires work with a second gen base model reg cab (2013) with an A.R.E. cap? Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 235/75R15XL (https://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/falken/wildpeak-a-t3w/p/TV093001511)..I wasn't sure if the highest p-metric load (XL) would work instead up hopping up to to the LT load rating. Local and long distance vehicle to be used for camping and a good amount of offroad driving. Truck is loaded w wood storage boxes/transforming sleeping platform along w extra gear so added weight is a consideration. image2.jpg image1.jpg

image1.jpg

2. Feb 13, 2018 at 7:37 PM
    bijick

bijick such mods much want

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    Stl
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Singular Cabular Selectable
    OME 884’s ,Dakar hd’s, Jba uca, lce header, 4.88’s, Arb locker , j shift tcase-T4R, arb bumper, leer topper, 3500w inverter, mad wife, scratched paint, skid plates, snorkelerer, led flush mount reverse lights, etc..
    I wouldn’t use p rated tires if you’re going offroad, all it takes is 2 pokes and you’re toast. I know higher load ranges kill mpgs pretty dramatically but the extra durability is definitely welcome piece of mind imo.

3. Feb 14, 2018 at 10:45 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    You have a 4 cyl 5 lug 2wd which appears to be on stock suspension.

I can't imagine your offroading being too harsh. Lack of 4wd and clearance will both restrict your capability.

That said, I think a P rated tire would be just fine, unless you know that your offroad areas are of materials that would be excessively hard on tires.

I know load rating is a factor, but consider that you are also upsizing a good bit over stock, giving you more sidewall as well as tread.

You might consider something like Hellwig helper springs in the rear to support the extra weight. Our springs are pretty soft.

'13 5 lugs rock.

4. Feb 23, 2018 at 7:16 PM
    Sperrunner

Sperrunner Respect the International Dibs Law

Member:
    First Name:
    Miguel
    Berkeley, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ford F250
    Wd40, zipties, duck tape, and my hopes and dreams
    You might want to get an aal, fatbob makes a kit for lug trucks, i think it helps support upto 100 pooinds and avreages out 1-2” of lift. But will hep keep your truck leveled out when fully loaded. As far as tire rating my opinion is also higher is better. If yoh know you are hualing alot of weight especially over rough terrain its better to get good tires. I know p is good for like 98 mph. I had 96t stock now I run 105t rated tires and i have never had a problem woth carrying heavy loads with either.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  5. Feb 25, 2018 at 10:50 AM
    Big Spender

Big Spender Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Double Cab Tacoma TRD
    Bed mat
    I have Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT tires size 225/75/15 on my 07 regular cab. I like them, except for some tread noise. On Goodyear's website, there is no P or LT in front of the 225. I called Goodyear to ask what load range they are and was told "standard load". I don't know if a standard load tire is the same as a P rated tire? Goodyear employee just repeated standard load and provided no further info.

6. Feb 25, 2018 at 1:30 PM
    Sperrunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Miguel
    Berkeley, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ford F250
    I have no experience with goodyear tires. But P LT infront of yor tire size stands for passenger car light truck. The us metric way for rating tires. I believe the us metric way rates tire based off how many psi of pressure its under with a heavy load not 100% sure. I know with gen 1 5lug tacomas they are rated 96t but with gen2 they swaped how they measured there tires. On gen 2 tacomas I believe if you wanted tires it woulf be 98t rating if you didnt want to go us metric. And if you are going to be hualing alot anything higher then 98 is fine.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  7. Feb 25, 2018 at 1:44 PM
    Sperrunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Miguel
    Berkeley, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ford F250

Products Discussed in