1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Pressure..29 Front & 32 Rear???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by slackdaddy2001, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Aug 25, 2008 at 3:15 PM
    slackdaddy2001

slackdaddy2001 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DoubleCab, SR5 Offroad Pkg.
    The inside of the driver's door says the front tires should be inflated to 29 lbs & the rear tires to 32 lbs. What is everyone's thoughts on this and what do you keep your tires at? I had mine at 35 front and 35 rear for a little while what I thought was for gas saving measures but it seemed like the MPG went down.

Thanks

2. Aug 25, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Look on the tire for the air pressure range , I would go with what the tires show. And do not go over max pressure. I wouldn't rely on the sticker. What if those tires aren't matched to the sticker. I've got 20's on my truck & the sticker doesn't match.

3. Aug 25, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I'm running the stock Rugged Trails on the OR package. The tires say max. cold pressure is 35 lbs.

I run 30 lbs front and rear all the time around town and highway when light. When hauling a load or pulling the trailer on highway trips I usually bump the rear up to 32 lbs. With these tires the truck seems to hunt a little with 32 lbs in the front?

4. Aug 25, 2008 at 5:44 PM
    Gene563

Gene563 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eugene
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab, LB, TRD Sport
    TRD catback exhaust, Undercover hard tonneau, Vent visors, Husky liners, customized seat covers, front license plate bracket, rear suspension TSB, Eibach springs w 5100s@0, & General Grabber AT2 (265.70.17).
    Mine are also recomended at 29 PSI. I tried to do that and I thought the tire looked soft. I inflated them to 35 PSI; The max pressure on the tire is 44 PSI. I figured 35 was a happy medium.

Products Discussed in

To Top