1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire pressure questions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Hops, May 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    I've got the same tire. I assume your's are load range e also. I'm currently running 36 psi for both front and back... truck handles good and the chalk test looks fine (I have the extra weight of a canopy.)

2. Oct 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    Sparrow

Sparrow Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reno
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
    leveling kit, topper w/carpeted bed, Yakima roof rack and cargo carrier, TRD wheels and Pro grill
    Ok I know this is an old thread but having just registered I was led here by the welcome page and thought I'd give it a whirl. I just got my 2000 Taco (hooray!) and was in the process of airing the tires up from the 32 all round that the previous owner had them set at to 35, what I normally run, when I decided to leaf through the owners manual to see it's take on the situation. It had a chart inside covering different tire sizes and, to my surprise, recommended 29 front/26 rear for my 31x10.5's. Sounded low, but I figured Toyota probably knows a bit about their vehicles, so I set them there to try it. Any input?

As for nitrogen (in response to an earlier post), there is one additional quality to it that makes it advantageous over oxygen for filling your tires. Nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules, making them less likely to escape your tires via permeation. The fact that nitrogen is less likely to break down the inner liner of your tire is also true. Here's a couple pages about it:
    Layman:
    http://getnitrogen.org/why/
    Scientific:
    http://www.getnitrogen.org/pdf/graham.pdf

Disclaimer: I run atmospheric air in my tires. Why? It's free and I live in the middle of nowhere, where purified N2 is hard to come by.

3. May 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    "recommended 29 front/26 rear for my 31x10.5's"

reread, should read 26 front, 29 rear, that is what mine sez, manual and door for same size tire....

I too am running with a Leer, definitely a couple of hundred extra on the rear..

I run everything @27 right now, nice and smooth....add air when needed for hauling...

Products Discussed in

To Top