1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Size Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Lizard1080, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Dec 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Lizard1080 [OP] Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    First Name:
    07 5lug SR5
    Readylift SST 5 lug, T-Rex Eyelids, Alpine CDA-105, 12" Alpine Type-R, Kenwood 1000w amp
    Ok guys i have no knowledge of anything about tires so bear with me.

First, i have a 2007 2.7 2wd access cab. I'm in need of new tires bad so i thought since i've been offroad some that i would upgrade both my rims and my tires. I currently have 18" rims with a small street tire that toyota put on for us.

The original plan was to get the ReadyLift leveling kit and get new 16" rims with a 265/70 nitto tire. This would be a 30.6 inch tire.

But due to recent money issues dealing with going back to school. I can no longer afford both rims and tires but have already purchased the lift kit. I decided to find an alternative so that i can use the rims i have and to find tires that are big enough to make my truck look good.

So here's the question: Will i be able to fit a 285/60/18 with the lift? A tire calculator said that it is 31.5 inch tall. I'm sure it will rub but how much and can it be fixed?

Thanks for any help.
To Top