1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Size Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Lizard1080, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Dec 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    Lizard1080

Lizard1080 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    07 5lug SR5
    Readylift SST 5 lug, T-Rex Eyelids, Alpine CDA-105, 12" Alpine Type-R, Kenwood 1000w amp
    Ok guys i have no knowledge of anything about tires so bear with me.

First, i have a 2007 2.7 2wd access cab. I'm in need of new tires bad so i thought since i've been offroad some that i would upgrade both my rims and my tires. I currently have 18" rims with a small street tire that toyota put on for us.

The original plan was to get the ReadyLift leveling kit and get new 16" rims with a 265/70 nitto tire. This would be a 30.6 inch tire.

But due to recent money issues dealing with going back to school. I can no longer afford both rims and tires but have already purchased the lift kit. I decided to find an alternative so that i can use the rims i have and to find tires that are big enough to make my truck look good.

So here's the question: Will i be able to fit a 285/60/18 with the lift? A tire calculator said that it is 31.5 inch tall. I'm sure it will rub but how much and can it be fixed?

Thanks for any help.

Products Discussed in

To Top