1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tired of searching for 2010 Tranny TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brian.c.smith1, May 3, 2010.

1. May 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    brian.c.smith1

brian.c.smith1 [OP] Turtle

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4X4 Offroad!
    Remote start, bed extender, A.R.E. LSX Tonneau Cover, EGR Vent Visors, Flowmaster American Thunder 50 series, Leaf Spring TSP, Auto-Tranny TSP, Shorty Antenna, Fog light anytime mod, DTRLs, Redline hood and tailgate struts, more to come
    I have spent to much time searching this site to find the TSB for ECM Calibrations for the 2010. TSB-0393-09. So if this is what you are looking for also then HERE YOU GO!!!

Attached Files:

rray2051, brofog and TRDSport10 like this.
  2. May 3, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    It's always helpful when the file your searching for is in post #1. I see this is your first post too! Welcome to the forums! :wave:

3. May 4, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    brian.c.smith1

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4X4 Offroad!
    Remote start, bed extender, A.R.E. LSX Tonneau Cover, EGR Vent Visors, Flowmaster American Thunder 50 series, Leaf Spring TSP, Auto-Tranny TSP, Shorty Antenna, Fog light anytime mod, DTRLs, Redline hood and tailgate struts, more to come
    Here is some info on the Toyota Recall that I thought was kind of interesting if you can make sense out of it. :crapstorm:

Attached Files:

4. May 4, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I had the TSB done one my 09 2WD sport and it worked great!

Just sold it to my son and bought a 2010 4X4 OR.
    No problem at all so far, they must have done it in production now.
    Much better than the original shifting on the 09.

5. May 4, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    - philo
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    i am at the dealer now for the rear suspension and transmission TSB's for a 2010 DC SB Sport

6. May 4, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    dude051

dude051 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner TRD
    Appreciate this! I need to take mine in tomorrow for oil change and service light (who knows what that could be) and wanted them to do this while I was there. Searched a bit but only found the '09 TSB. Great help, thanks again!

7. May 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    moocantoesh

moocantoesh Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport Dbl Cab 6-spd man
    is this tsb only for the automatics, cause 1st to 2nd in my 2010 dc sb sport 6spd is a little rough before i engage the clutch

8. May 5, 2010 at 4:47 AM
    brian.c.smith1

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4X4 Offroad!
    Yes Moocantoesh this is only for the Autos. I am taking mine in on friday to get it check out for the tranny TSB and Leaf TSB plus recall for pedal and front driveline.

I know this information is on here else where but I figure since y'all are already here I will post this here also.

The recall page:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

And the PDF is TSB for Leafs!

Attached Files:

9. May 5, 2010 at 4:55 AM
    brian.c.smith1

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4X4 Offroad!
    "Toyota makes all available TSBs accessible to the public by subscribing to our Technical Information System. Toyota also submits copies of TSBs monthly to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and most of those TSBs are summarized on the NHTSA website for anyone to review." This is quoted from http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/...afety+Recalls+and+Technical+Service+Bulletins

Funny how much it costs for public info! This is the link to the Technical Information System FAQ page that shows prices for this information.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_faq_page

The RECALLS are updated. And yet TSBs are not updated on NHTSA.
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm

10. May 5, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    They shouldn't charge you anything.

11. May 5, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    you shouldn't have to pay anything to get a TSB done, assuming you fit the requirements listed in it

12. May 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    They are more like warranty work.

13. May 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    BCTacoma2010

BCTacoma2010 Michigan Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Southwest Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2017 Ford Platinum F150
    Checked my VIN and it's my lucky day. My VIN is higher than those listed.

Sometimes things just work out right for a change.

14. May 5, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    billas333

billas333 They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    This kinda sucks it says it has to be below 20mph.

When I am stopping I have a harsh shift from 30-20mph

15. May 7, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    tjbee2003

tjbee2003 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road
    Here's a twist on this... From a stop or when travelsing below 20 MPH, my '09 Taco revs in (what seems to be) neutral before engaging gears and moving forward. It's only for about 5 seconds or so, but it's not consistantly doing it. It still annoying as hell and I'm wondering if there's a TSB that covers this issue. Anyone else out there having this problem???

Muscle22 likes this.
  16. May 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    brian.c.smith1

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4X4 Offroad!
    That is pretty much what mine is doing. It almost feels like the tranny is low on fluid. I asked the assistant service manager at Yodda Stealership (seems to be a pretty trustworthy guy, fellow Taco owner) he said that it is not likely that the tranny is actually low on fluid, since it is a "sealed" tranny. He said that the problem is most likely the need for the reprogram.

On a HAPPY NOTE... I took the truck to the stealership today for them to check it out for the recalls and the TSBs... They are going to do the work!!! The guy I worked with is awesome and didn't give me a buncha $h!t! SHOUT OUT to Rosner Toyota in Stafford, VA!!! :yay:

Amilcar likes this.
  17. May 18, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    brian.c.smith1

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco 4X4 Offroad!
    I took my Taco back to the stealership to get the work done, on Friday. They did the work no questions asked! Got the new leaf pack and the ECU re-program. The ride is a little better with the new leaf (not that it was bad b4) and the ass end is lifted up a little. I will post picts soon (stock picts are kinda crappy). She started at 36 at axle center line from ground to bottom lip of wheel well. And for the Tranny... THIS IS A MUST DO!!!! Taco shifts sooooo much better, its amazing! Hardly any lag, no matter how you step on the pedal. Again SHOUT OUT to Rosner Toyota in Stafford, VA!!! [​IMG]

TRDSport10 and Amilcar like this.
  18. May 18, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    MrZoggs

MrZoggs Ainokea

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB Sport
    Some Stuff...
    Got this done on my truck today. All I can say is Awesome... I didn't think my truck shifted that badly until now. Its soo much smoother and shifts harder/faster. Perfect for my driving habits..:D

+1 if you think you need it just do it anyways.

19. Oct 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    vr6pilot

vr6pilot rather be dubbin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Viva New Mexico!!
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand SR5
    Am I just checking against the last 6 digits in the VIN? I ask because I don't know if letters follow or precede numbers in terms of what comes first. But if it's just the last 6....its all numbers anyway.

20. Oct 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/at...hing-2010-tranny-tsb-toyotasua020510final.pdf

I looked up this "SRS" research group, since the report listed seemed to be based mostly on anecdotes and not at all on research. Note also, the clever use of SRS in their logo- stands for supplemental restraint system (airbags) in Toyota vehicles. It is a group that is financed by 5 legal firms to "find" safety related items in vehicles to take to court. You could use the reports from this institute to wipe up the shitstorm shown in the quote above.

Products Discussed in

To Top