1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tires to fit OME 2" lift

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BlueTRD09, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Jul 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    BlueTRD09

BlueTRD09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Southern NJ... at da beach
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Eagle Eye Projector Halo Headlights, Grillcraft MX Black Mesh Grille, OME 2.5" Tacoma Lift
    Does anyone have or know someone who has the 2" Tacoma lift (http://www.4by4connection.com/tota05omesu.html) from Old Man Emu? I'm going with the 886 Heavy Duty springs in the front. If you do, what are some of the tire sizes that you or they have been able to put on? I have recently researched the TW forums and talked to OME dealers and am dead set on putting in this lift. I want to upgrade the tires and wheels, but I am worried about rubbing on the body mounts which are located in the back of the forward wheel wells. I know that I need to take into account all tire dimensions, and not just the ones they put on the sidewall. It is for this reason I am asking if anyone has successfully put bigger tires than the standard BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A (265/70/16 I think). If you have successfully installed bigger tires, what are they, what size are they, and what was the extent of cutting/trimming you or they had to do? Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Jul 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    I MIGHT be misreading or misunderstanding something, but the 886 springs OME kit provides a 3" lift for trucks with heavy front bumpers/winches...not 2". If thats the case then you can fit a 285 75 16 or 285 70 17 with minor trimming. If you want to run stock wheels you'll need a pair of spidertraxx spacers to clear the UCAs.

3. Aug 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    BlueTRD09

BlueTRD09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Southern NJ... at da beach
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD
    Eagle Eye Projector Halo Headlights, Grillcraft MX Black Mesh Grille, OME 2.5" Tacoma Lift
    cbcs1987,

I am using the spec's supplied by ARB on their website here (http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/toyotaTacoma.pdf). The heavy duty front springs give you 1.75" and the rears give you 2.75" according to the website which rounds out to about 2.25" overall. Next, I am planning on using the stock tires and rims initially until I can find a tire that fits right. Why do I need to put spacers in if I am not changing the UCA's? Do I need spacers to clear the new spring? The reason I ask is because I am currently working on a tug boat in the Gulf of Mexico, so I can't go outside my house and look for myself. I am also trying to order everything so its at my house waiting for me when I get home. I looked at the Spidertrax Wheel Spacers online, so I know how to find them if I need them. Thanks for your input.

4. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:56 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    stay with a 265/75 16 and youll b fine.

5. Aug 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    The reason you would need spacers is if you decided to go with a 285. If you get a 265 you wont need them

Products Discussed in

To Top