1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by cmytacoma, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    cmytacoma

cmytacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Humboldt county NORCAL
    Vehicle:
    05 black DC LB sport
    Eclipse AVN 6620, Diamond audio 4.5" component in kicks, center channel with same mid and 2 tweets, infinity kappa perfect component 6.1 in front doors, kappa 6.1 coax in rear, sx900.4, fosgate power 1000, 06 L7 in ported box. BHLM, custom made sliders,
    How bad is it to have 3 tires at 80% tread and having the other brand new? Would it be better to buy 2 new ones and put them up front? Thanks

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    No mods whatsoever!
    If you're on dry pavement, it really wouldn't make a difference. That being said, my whole life I've been trained to put the two new tires up front (Usually after getting wheel alignment). Well it wasn't until just a couple years ago that I was at a training and I learned that putting the new tires in the rear is better. Firestone had a video of a Crown Victoria with new rear tires trying to out maneuver a pursuit vehicle with new front tires. The pursuit vehicle with new front tires hydroplaned every time and was unable to keep up. Long story short... Put the new ones on the rear.
    Moral of the story: If you choose not to, don't try to outrun the Police.

3. Feb 15, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    cmytacoma

Member:
    Humboldt county NORCAL
    Vehicle:
    05 black DC LB sport
    Eclipse AVN 6620, Diamond audio 4.5" component in kicks, center channel with same mid and 2 tweets, infinity kappa perfect component 6.1 in front doors, kappa 6.1 coax in rear, sx900.4, fosgate power 1000, 06 L7 in ported box. BHLM, custom made sliders,
    But i like to play spy hunter in my truck. Oh well, still have my smoke screen and oil slick:cool:. Nice truck BTW need my tires to fit like yours, looks nice

4. Feb 15, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    No mods whatsoever!
    Thanks. I've got to get some better pics, but my camera took a shit.

5. Feb 16, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    cmytacoma

Member:
    Humboldt county NORCAL
    Vehicle:
    05 black DC LB sport
    So you think just one or two? I need to post some update pics as well but lost the camera in the split

6. Feb 16, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    2.7taco

2.7taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tan Tacoma Base 5 LUG: Beaten , abused and still running strong.
    Fat Bobs 2.75 lift and level with short AAL, 16x8 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, 245/75R16 Toyo Open Country ATII, custom trans shift kit(home made), Trans temp. and Vac gauge, URD fuel pump upgrade(going back to stock soon).
    80% tread on three tires. As far as I know it would be perfectly fine as long as the tread pattern and treadwear is the same or similar. Just push two of the original tires to the front and place the new on the rear. As long as the 80% is remaining tread.

Products Discussed in

To Top