1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tnutz

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by TacoJohn4x4, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Jul 31, 2020 at 3:04 PM
    TacoJohn4x4

TacoJohn4x4 [OP] Captain Save-A-Ho

Member:
    Central Valley
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma DC 4x4
    This experience is to help someone who has or will be ordering from Tnutz. If you want to be protected for your purchase use a credit card or PayPal.

I order some extrusion bars to assemble a roof rack. I ordered the 1x2 bars with the black coating. Upon receiving the bars one of them had a defects in the coating. At first I thought I can just spray paint it. However I would have to repaint the whole bar trying to find the same black shade to match the other bars. I would also have to deal with getting the paint coverage to go in between the T slots.
    B047E655-717E-43F0-B76D-A2EDC30A8C4F.jpg
    I figured I would reach out to Tnutz first and emailed their sales department to see what my options were, got no reply. So I looked at my ordered email and it says to contact their shipping department for issues. I emailed shipping and got a response. They wanted to verify with sales to see how they would help me. After several emails back and forth waiting on the sales department to respond to the shipping department they stop replying to my emails. They could of just gave me an excuse and said I was SOL or better, they could of gave me a partial refund to keep the bar as is. I guess they decided to say screw this customer.
    0C78C038-A55B-400C-A692-0D462A5B3352.jpg 27A290E3-0579-437A-9FFF-A8491ADFCEF4.jpg
    I did a dispute with PayPal. I only wanted enough to purchase a replacement bar. Tnutz never responded and I won the dispute getting a little more than the cost of the replacement bar and shipping.

I ordered another extrusion bar and got an email from the payment department saying the item will be sold as is, no refund, agree or get my order cancel. Maybe I missed it but nothing on their website says all sales are final or items are sold as is. Now I’m at a fork in the road. Tnutz seems like they are doing me a favor by selling me an item they do not want to cover. So either I bite the bullet or try to find another supplier.
    28C4A55A-8936-45E2-A57C-BA4FB758CB77.jpg
    If by chance something like this happens to you, use your credit card or PayPal to protect yourself. Also try to do all your orders at once. Shipping cost for one bar is only a couple dollars less than shipping multiple bars. The one bar I am trying to order cost almost the same as the bar itself. Their drop in T nuts are also cheaper on their website than if you were to try to order them through eBay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 2, 2020 at 6:54 AM
    TacoJohn4x4

Member:
    Central Valley
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma DC 4x4
    After getting this email I’m done with Tnutz.
    DD88228F-FF03-41A8-8C9E-AD0E01048829.jpg
    I tried to work with them directly and gave them plenty of time. What did they do, stop responding to my emails. A dishonest move for a company. I then went through PayPal. PayPal gave them plenty of time to respond. They must of thought it wasn’t important enough and didn’t respond to PayPal either.

I’ve already waited long enough and wasted time but I figured I would give them another chance. I placed another order for one bar and paid shipping again. It probably wasn’t a smart move on my part. Now I don’t know if they’ll ship me my new order, which I already paid for, unless I return the defective one.

All of this could of been avoided if they would of just replace the defective bar in the first place or gave me a small partial credit. Instead they tried to screw me. The one bar cost about $18, shipping cost is close to that. Now their trying to spend more money after what happen. This is unfortunate and is very petty of Tnutz.

Will I get my new order that I already paid for?

Sasquatch3153 likes this.
  3. Jan 14, 2021 at 7:16 PM
    Gregthespy

Gregthespy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Metallic TRD Sport 4X4
    Curious how this turned out, I was actually about to place an order with them tomorrow, and was searching to see if coupon codes were on the net when, low and behold, a Tacoma World link comes up in my search!
    I’m sad to hear this because it looked like they may have the best prices on the 1”x2” “1020” extrusion.
    How did your rack turn out?

4. Jan 15, 2021 at 7:32 PM
    TacoJohn4x4

Member:
    Central Valley
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma DC 4x4
    In the end I got my replacement. Just make sure you use PayPal and use a credit card as source. If some shenanigans happens you have double layers of protection. Good luck.

Gregthespy likes this.
  5. Jan 27, 2021 at 11:03 AM
    nzbrock

nzbrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    I've ordered from tnutz multiple times. I did have them miss some items from 2 different orders, but they got them shipped out quickly once I informed them.

Never had an issue other than that.
    Sounds like it's just communication problems. I noticed that they have generic email addresses, but when I emailed Miranda, she got back to me very quickly.

Make sure you use a cc with no foreign transaction fees since they are based in Canada.

RattleTractor and Gregthespy like this.
  6. Jan 27, 2021 at 1:39 PM
    Gregthespy

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    I ended up getting my order and everything looks good.
    My only gripe was the shipping calculator was off, and they had a note on their site to contact them if it seemed off.
    I knew something was up when I put 7 crossbars into the cart and shipping was $17 and if I added 1 more it jumped to $52. And stayed at $52 even at the 12 crossbars I needed.
    I contacted them, they gave me a slightly better rate to ship to my job, but it wouldn’t apply at checkout.
    So, I simply made 2 orders to trick the system. And it shipped cheaper than the quote the representative gave me. (Only $28 for 50lbs of stuff as opposed to the $38 the representative quoted me) Although, they still shipped them in one big shipment! so if ordering large amounts, you might want to mess with splitting your order to get better shipping rates.

7. May 23, 2023 at 4:24 PM
    powder1134

powder1134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I had a large order, with what I felt was excessive shipping. I reduced my order by 90%, but the shipping stayed the same. Emailed them twice with no response. Called 4 or 5 times over 2 days with no response. Left a voicemail.....no response. I'd like to place an order, but now I'm concerned about their lack of response.

8. May 24, 2023 at 11:39 AM
    Gregthespy

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I agree, it doesn’t give good vibes when they’re unresponsive.
    My experience ended well, but companies can change, especially in this day and age of business.
    Good luck!

9. May 24, 2023 at 1:34 PM
    powder1134

powder1134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I sent an email directly to shipping and they responded. I ordered 50" bars to match my existing rack. They explained that shipping 48" or below was cheaper.... Hopefully everything else goes smoothly. Even with the shipping it was waaay cheaper than everywhere else.

10. Dec 27, 2023 at 4:51 AM
    nckg

nckg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reconsidering ordering from them, thanks for the heads up!

To Top