1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

to the dealer tomorrow

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Glocker23, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Jan 24, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 [OP] Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Off to the dealer. What sort of things should I pay special attention to on a new 08 4dr.

2. Jan 24, 2008 at 9:04 AM
    dsds

dsds Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Sport - Black Sand Pearl
    TacomaWorld sticker, DRL mod, running boards, roof rack, remote start / security alarm, marker/turn signal mod, map light with dome light mod, TRD seat covers, rear spring TSB
    Go for it. I love my DC although I wish I got the long box and left the running boards off.

Let us know what you get!

3. Jan 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Just got my 08 TRD Sport Double Cab Short Bed 4WD last Friday and love it. Try to pay invoice or close to it, it doesn't hurt to try.

4. Jan 24, 2008 at 3:59 PM
    Glocker23

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    I am interested specifically in the 4door indigo blue short bed sport package. I a going to go there, and play with numbers and test drive one. The one they have matches it except its the long bed.

5. Jan 24, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    That's what I have except short bed, long beds are too tough in traffic/parking lots. LOVE mine, tough to keep clean, I would look at the desertsand mica. If you do a lot of city, automatic, country/highway-- 6 speed.Tow package is a must, also good for resale, so is TRD.

6. Jan 24, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    after hauling things in my SB, i'd have rather purchased the LB

7. Jan 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    VIPER131

VIPER131 Active Member

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    4wd Sport Package
    Leer M180 Canopy w/ Browning Kit, Front & Rear Wet Okele Seat Covers, ScanGuage w/ Blendmount, Warn Trans4mer winch/brushguard, Westin Sliders, Toyota Bed Mat

I have the Indigo Ink Long Bed/ TRD Sport Package..... I love it and have not had any problem in parking lots whatsoever.

This is a great truck!!!

If you get serious -- remember Costco has the invoice + $300 pricing. I paid $500 under invoice -- and I wouldn't pay more than $500 over invoice.

Good Luck -- the Tacoma is a great truck.

8. Jan 24, 2008 at 5:24 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    If they don't have exactly what you want they can search the surrounding states and get it from another dealer. Several of us got the exact truck we wanted using this method. You have to wait a little while but it is worth it.

9. Jan 24, 2008 at 5:26 PM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    That is good advice Phantom. In hindsight that is exactly what I wish I had done. Concrete jedi is also correct. The long bed can be a bit cumbersome trying to park and the turning radius could be shorter. Sometimes I feel like I am driving a schoolbus.:p I also wish I had gotten the 4x4. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck. I guess it's like the old saying, the grass is always greener........

10. Jan 24, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    mags

mags Member

Member:
    Bremen, GA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    no joke on keeping the indigo clean. as for the longbed, i back in most spots. still have the skills from valeting cars back in college.

i drive 100 miles roundtrip a day to work(mostly highway) and i have only averaged less than 20 a tank twice. one time was when i was stuck for 2 hours while my fellow georgians paniced at the sight of snow flurries and i still got 19 mpg avg. sigh...

11. Jan 24, 2008 at 7:05 PM
    TacoSter

TacoSter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago Burbs
    Vehicle:
    Had 08 taco, in a 4runner now
    Make sure it has a spare before you leave the dealer... around these parts people tend to run off with them!... no joke, mine was missing along with others on there lot...
    What else to look for? Check car max/ edmunds/ cars .com etc and get your best price!

12. Jan 24, 2008 at 10:28 PM
    Glocker23

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    I like the looks of the 4door with the small box. I think it looks too long with the long bed and a dobule cab. And that not just this truck. I have always said a 4door truck should only have a small box. anything else and it looks silly. I do plan to haul my bike to NH for the races this year if I can find a good deal. The small box with tailgate down will be used to haul it plus ramps and shit. Unless I can get my bike in with tailgate closed, but doubt it. I am off to bed. i will post up with my reactions at the dealer when i get a chance tomorrow

13. Jan 25, 2008 at 8:37 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    The only thing to look out for is driveline vibration at low speeds. some of us have it, some of us dont. drive very slow from a dead stop and see if you feel any vibration. if so, tellthe sales guy to fix it before you buy

14. Jan 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    Glocker23

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Danbury CT dealer sucks ASS. Me and a buddy were standing otuside for 10 minutes actively looking into windows and opening tailgates on a few trucks and not once approached. We went inside thereafter and waited another 10 and nothing. went to a receptionist who on the phone was taking a personal call. Then after I laid into her about how much of a joke this place is, paged and got me a dealer.

What a retard. After covering the regular bullshit they do (get my info and copy of lic), we wnt out to the truck. He had keys for it and we went all the way around back and he went to the wrong one. The wrong one had a CT plate and stickers on it. He was like hmmmm. I said I think it is sold. and sure enough, it was. So we go back out front to another truck that I pointed out was similar to what I want and he goes to it, puts the only key he had in it and bang it unlocked and started up. The moron on went the the other 1st truck without the proper set of keys in the 1st place.

Then he jumps in the drivers seat. I said to him am I going to be able to drive. He says o yea sure. after he drives the 2 of us down the road then we switch seats. Once I get in drivers seat, He goes ahead to point out the turn signals are here and the mirror controls are here. Okay I guess i could let that go...after all it is for safety. Then he reaches under my seat and says this is how to make the seat go forward and back, another lever to make it go up and down and another to make the seat recline. I was floored this guys could not be any dumber. But then he surprised me by going a bit further. He demonstrates how to use the window controls and emphaises the window lock button like this is the only truck with those features. I wanted to say "Hey moron, its 31 degrees the windows are going to staying up.

Then I finally got to drive it. Nice ride and I was impressed with the balls (torque) it had. It was comfortable for me. My buddy was in the back of the Dcab (no sport or offroad edition). He was squished. I am taller than him and I later sat bhack there and yea...not designed for tall people. But back to the truck. It drove good and Was roomy for driver and passenger.

We jumped on the highway and it was good. The guy took us on some crazy windy back road, which is good because i have a lot of those near my house. Without me realizing it, the guy reached over and put the truck in 4x4. I was like what the fuck.

Bottom line, the truck was nice, the dealer was so much of a joke it turned me off somewhat. I am going to try to get another dealer and try it again.

15. Jan 25, 2008 at 1:01 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Definately try another dealer. and try to buy a truck that hasn't been test driven alot with dumbass's putting it into 4x4 on dry curvy roads. although to be honest i am guilty of the same thing but i knew i wasn't buying that particular truck :)

16. Jan 25, 2008 at 4:13 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I am such a bad driver that I should be in a mini van. :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top