1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau advice needed please...

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Rayman1968, May 24, 2012.

1. May 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    Rayman1968

Rayman1968 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Simi Valley, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 V6 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Greetings,

First time Tacoma/truck owner here.....bought a 2012 V6 access cab TRD 4x4 a couple days ago (needed a vehicle that can better access the backcountry trailheads I frequent for backpacking trips).

I'd like to get a hard cover for the bed, but could really use some advice on the various manufacturers that make these things. Other than Snugtop, I really don't know what my options are.

I think I'd like to get a single-piece style quality lid, and it definitely has to be lockable. As far as a budget, I'm not looking for the cheapest product out there, but really don't want to spend more than something like $1500 on this.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks for any help.

2. May 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    I have an undercover and love it!!! They are around $700 new. It is water tight, sleek, they are made so you don't have to paint them(they do have ones you paint) and it goes on and off on minutes. It is also sturdy enough to walk on and has locks....don't know what else you could want in one....click my picture at the bottomed to see it.....Or click here

This place has free shipping an 10% off till the 24th....good luck and welcome to TW,

3. May 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
  4. May 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    elytravis

elytravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    I got the Bakflip F1 folding hard cover. it can hold somwhere around 450 lbs on top. It sits flush with the bed so from the side it's hard to even tell there is a cover at times. Since it is flush, it has drain rails that chanel the wates to the front where the drainlines lead the water to your bed drains. This keeps it around 99% water tight. It folds so you don't have to take it off if something big needs to be hauled...just fold the cover. It DOES NOT have a lock, but I got a pop n lock auto tailgate lock and can lock and unlock the tailgate with my keyless entry remote making the bed more secure. For pics check out my build.

Products Discussed in

To Top