1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau and bed liner

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by CO_Steve, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jun 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    CO_Steve

CO_Steve [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Monument,CO
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5
    I recently picked up a used Leer tonneau for my 01. The truck came with the factory bed liner and I'm wondering what others have done to make the tonneau rail system work. Cut the liner all around a couple inches below the top? Cut windows for the clamps and other hardware? I'd like to keep the liner as I only plan to use the tonneau in the winter.

2. Jun 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Is it an over the rail bedliner?
    I'd just cut holes in it for the hardware.
    OR
    Remove the bedliner and go with a roll-on or spray-on bedliner. You can get the Herculiner kit at almost any department or auto store. It's a 1 gallon do-it-yourself kit that costs about $100. It's not as thick or as durable as the more expensive professionally installed spray-on liners but definately worth it.

3. Jun 28, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    CO_Steve

CO_Steve [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Monument,CO
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5
    It's a Toyota over the rail style. I took it out to mount the tonneau hardware. I'd pretty much have to cut it all the way around below the top rail to leave it in. I may just store it and swap back and forth.

I refinished the tonneau (paint was a different color and not in great shape) with the Rustoleum spray on bed liner. That stuff is great! The finish is too rough as it comes out of the can but a little sanding after it's dry and I've got a tough, uniform, satin black tonneau for $15.

Products Discussed in

To Top