1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau Cover Fit

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KCEllwood, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Dec 17, 2016 at 3:51 PM
    KCEllwood

KCEllwood [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Rural Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport DCSB 5 Sp Auto
    Just installed the PE Switchblade. Really like the cover but there are some fit issues.

The tailgate sits quite a bit lower that than the side rail caps so the edges of the tailgate does not have a tight fit up against the tonneau. Also this causes the entire tonneau cover rubber gasket to not quite seat correctly across the width of the tailgate. The front of the bed does not fit tight either. Not sure if anyone else has seen this and if so what they have done to correct this?

Shows the snow that comes in the top corners of the tailgate into the bed.

This is a close up of the fit on the top left of the truck. You can see how much lower the tailgate is below the rail cap. The middle black horizontal piece is the end of the tonneau cover. The tailgate should butt up against this.

Close up of fit in the front of the bed. I added a thick piece of door gasket to make this seal. Still allows for passage of water in the corner.

I believe this changed the airflow of the truck. Snow now sticks to the taillights. I don't remember this happening last year when I did not have the cover but I could be wrong on that one.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. Dec 18, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    KCEllwood

KCEllwood [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Rural Maine
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport DCSB 5 Sp Auto
    Any thoughts on this? No one else has run into this issue with the tonneau cover fit? Love to find a way to have the tailgate cap raised to match the height of the side rail caps.

Products Discussed in

To Top