1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tons of rattles

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by davet111, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Dec 29, 2020 at 2:39 AM
    garander

garander Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd sport dcsb mt
    Lol

2. Jan 24, 2021 at 6:51 PM
    Fianderk

Fianderk New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kirby
    Vehicle:
    2019 toyota tacoma

Take apart the switch panel on the door and felt tape around it and remove the switch for unlock and lock and window up and down and felt tape around that also! I did it with mine and no more rattles.

3. Jan 25, 2021 at 5:55 AM
    SatlyPartiot408

SatlyPartiot408 TintGuy

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Limited 4x4 sb
    Icon stage 3, Method NV305, 33 Ko2,Llumar IRX tint, OV performance 87 tune, Focal k2 and polyglass rears. Jl audio amp and sub. Dasaita PX6, remote X starter, bakflip cover, train horns, trd pro grill and front camera, AMP research power steps and Magnuson supercharger on order!
    Ive got a rattle on the drivers door. Sound deaden everywhere and rattling is still there. Less with window all the way up but worse when it’s halfway. Ive basically gave up and have resorted to turning up the music. I’ll definitely felt behind the door handle and switches and pray that works.

4. Jan 25, 2021 at 6:44 AM
    zoo truck

zoo truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 quicksand sr5 tacoma
    None
    Really can't complain about any rattles with the exception of the seat belt buckle against the door pillar if not used. There has been however a squeak at times this winter...it can drive you crazy on some rougher roads. It can sound like a pissed off bird.

5. Jan 25, 2021 at 1:10 PM
    xerogs1

xerogs1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB AT Silver Sky Metallic
    Bartact Seat Covers, Cali Raised LED molle bed system, radio knobs and Subaru Tweeters, OCD interior parts, OEM Exhaust tip, dash cam, hood protector, various theft deterrent items. Still a WIP
    My truck was fairly squeak and rattle free until this winter. There was this chattering sound coming from the dash area so added felt to the right tweeter cover area and it seemed like it took care of the problem. Then out of the blue it started chattering with a vengeance (like it was making up for lost time) and I noticed there is a plastic filler cap if you don't have auto-lights that was extremely loose so I felt taped that one up as well and so far that stopped it. I thought I heard it come back the other day but my glove box was unlocked and it was vibrating somewhat and sounded similar so its probably due for the felt tape treatment as well. These only occur on extremely cold days so it must be the plastic parts shrinking and hardening some because in the summer I don't hear any of this.

Its sort of weird because the chattering sound seemed like it was coming from the overhead dome light area but it was just the way the sound was carrying up the window. It's definitely worth purchasing a roll of felt tape especially after you hit the trails and things loosen up.

6. Jan 25, 2021 at 2:24 PM
    RocTaco

RocTaco Free stun!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Green Mtns
    Vehicle:
    03' Reg. Cab 4x4 5MT
    Sounds can carry in such weird ways. Not too long after I got my 4runner I was getting a rattle that sounded like it was coming from either the driver side door or roof rack.

Turns out the bug deflector all the way at the front of the hood. Drove me nuts for like a month before I figured it out.

Products Discussed in

To Top