1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toolbox/ 60" HiLift clearance

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bigburrito, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    bigburrito

bigburrito [OP] Local Man

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    Demello sliders, fog lights anytime, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 60" HiLift, VIAIR OBA 2.5 gallon tank, FM Super 44, TSB springs, 5100s at .85, bent tailgate
    Will a 60" HiLift fit between a UWS low pro and the side of the bed? Im looking at getting the toolbox for some secure storage but want to make sure the hilift will still fit. My HiLift is mounted directly to the bedside, on brackets about 2" out. maybe a total of 3" away from the side.

If it will fit, great, if not Ill have to look at some other options. here is a crude drawing to clarify

Edit: i searched the crap out of this but couldnt come up with any pics of this combo

box.jpg

2. Feb 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    sleepdr

sleepdr Active Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD OR, Black Sand Pearl
    I would assume that depends on your bed length. I've been researching Hi Lift installation with an eye to purchasing one for my Double Cab Short Bed. Leaning towards 60" but worried about mounting it even without a toolbox.

If you have a DC SB, then probably not going to fit a toolbox and a 60" Hi Lift the way your diagram shows. From pics on this website, that 5.5 foot bed looks to be a snug fit for a 60" unit alone unless the base plate is removed. If your bed is a longer bed, then take a tape measure to it.

You can save some room by taking off the base plate and top clamping attachment. Another option may be to bolt it to the toolbox going across the width of the bed. IIRC, there are one or two folks here that have managed to cram a 60" jack along the width, but the ends rub on your bed. I'd rather not have a metal jack abrading my composite bed with every bump & bounce, but YMMV.

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    bigburrito

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    Demello sliders, fog lights anytime, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 60" HiLift, VIAIR OBA 2.5 gallon tank, FM Super 44, TSB springs, 5100s at .85, bent tailgate
    ive got the "long bed" easily fits the long way, just worried about the clearance between toolbox and bed

4. Mar 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    bigburrito

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    calling all cars

Products Discussed in

To Top