1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TORSPD: NEVR

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Torspd, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Aug 25, 2016 at 9:16 AM
    DOUBLLD

DOUBLLD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Bluemont, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma LS Swap Twin Turbo
    Alot
    yall quit whining its not that hard to do. swivel sockets and a air ratchet and some flex head long wrenches done deal.

Bonzen likes this.
  2. Aug 25, 2016 at 9:30 AM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    I think you should say "Fortunately". ;)

I have to order a fitting for my TOB to replace my "in-time-of-need" inlet fitting. So I will probably do both at the same time.

3. Aug 25, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    armyoffoo

armyoffoo Scrotie McBoogerballs

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM TRD Sport
    How about posting a copy if that pin out sheet? :)

pnPDuU4Qj_3b956ac0f6f5bfb4d60b94303541f19a73cd0256.jpg

Biscuits likes this.
  4. Aug 25, 2016 at 10:38 AM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Oh snap! What have you got going on there?!?!?!

5. Aug 25, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
  6. Aug 25, 2016 at 2:23 PM
    armyoffoo

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM TRD Sport
    Re-routing the engine wiring harness to go around the supercharger, instead of under and behind. Mostly to make it possible to mount my FPR directly to the rail, but also to clean it up a bit and make a custom wiring harness for an Elite 2500. I've got a bunch of new connectors, terminals and wires of multiple gauges, just need to finish my original harness to use as a template of sorts. Thanks for the pin out, that will help a bunch.

7. Aug 25, 2016 at 2:32 PM
    armyoffoo

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM TRD Sport
    Did you have to do anything special when removing your 4x4 as far as CELs or tuning? I was planning to remove my front diff, transfer case and 4x4 ecu w/ related wiring. I already have a 2wd rear shaft housing for the a750e and caps for my hubs. Wasn't sure if I needed anything else, or if I should expect a code or two related?

8. Aug 25, 2016 at 4:01 PM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Mine is an earlier model than yours, so yours might or might not throw codes. Mine just blinks the hi and lo lights continuously.

Make sure that you get 2wd hubs. By the way you stated your post it seems like you do not. The 2wd hubs have a nut on the back side of them. They are necessary to go that route.

Lucario Runner likes this.
  9. Aug 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Sounds like you are effectively making a plug n play harness as well, yes?

Lord Helmet likes this.
  10. Aug 25, 2016 at 4:19 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    There is a write up for the 4wd wiring on rocksolidtoys.com. Just have to unplug a couple connectors and splice between the two so it doesnt freak out. In case you were looking.

Torspd[OP] likes this.
  11. Aug 25, 2016 at 4:19 PM
    armyoffoo

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM TRD Sport
    Hmm, I'll see what I can do about the light. That would drive me nuts. Good to know about the hubs, I'll contact one of the guys on here about some, can I re-use my ARP studs? Would suck to waste those. Not quite plug and play, I haven't tackled the ECU-side yet, might have to repin the connectors if I can't find them. But it will look very clean when I'm done, hoping to look ChaseBay-esque. There are so many other things I want to do while I'm in there, but have to stay focused or it'll never be back on the road.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Aug 25, 2016 at 4:25 PM
    armyoffoo

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM TRD Sport
    Perfect, Wyatt's build, I forgot about that beast. I'll bookmark that for later, thanks again!

13. Aug 25, 2016 at 4:31 PM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [2009 Supercharged Adventuretruck] & [1986 22r Minitruck]
    > BUILD LINKS >
    If you go this route.. There are a few people locally to me that would be interested in all of your 4x4 components.

slap some tape or the like on the back side of the gauge face. I did that when doing my ABS and Locker anytime mods. Im sure you could just unplug the LED too..

14. Aug 25, 2016 at 7:23 PM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Haven't looked, but that will be a perfect start. Thanks for that heads up! :thumbsup:

Yeah, just knock those studs back out before you unbolt the hub from the axle. You will 99% likely need new bearings and seals as well. Same bearing between the two types.

In the interim, the tape works well.

15. Aug 25, 2016 at 8:49 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    What a mess!

16. Aug 27, 2016 at 6:44 AM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
  17. Aug 27, 2016 at 6:51 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I've learned you have impeccable taste. I'll bet that's some kick ass brew. :cool:

AR15xAR10 likes this.
  18. Aug 27, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Why settle for monotony, right?!

So I have had the Valhalla Java from Deathwish. Very smooth and seductive. It has ~660 mg caffeine in 12 oz. Two cups, makes for the most absolute highest sense of alertness I have ever felt! Disclaimer: I ingest a lot of coffee and caffeine. I should seek help. Lol.

Just made a batch of the Deathwish. Smooth and slightly nutty. I'll try the bourbon barrel coffee later.

Biscuits, Crom, AR15xAR10 and 2 others like this.
  19. Aug 27, 2016 at 7:16 AM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    Holy ballz do they grind caffeine pills into it!?

AR15xAR10 likes this.
  20. Aug 27, 2016 at 7:29 AM
    Torspd

Torspd [OP] Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Don't know but damn is it good!

Products Discussed in

To Top