1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Total Mayhem Racing San Felipe250

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by totalmayhem, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Feb 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    totalmayhem

totalmayhem [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    bolland
    lewiston
    Vehicle:
    SCORE 1500 race truck built by Engage offroad
    In process: full LT build by engage offroad, green house cage, bed cage, front tube bumper, and all the goodies!!
  2. Feb 28, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    totalmayhem

Member:
    First Name:
    bolland
    lewiston
    Vehicle:
    In process: full LT build by engage offroad, green house cage, bed cage, front tube bumper, and all the goodies!!
  3. Feb 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    more pics yo

4. Feb 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM
    03aztaco

03aztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    lake havasu,mesa
    Vehicle:
    03 prerunner
    tc lt kit, king shocks, deavers, tc hangers,tc 12" shackels, king double bypasses, cab caged, beefed taco carrier bearing drop bracket, soild motor mounts,some more to lazy haha
    x2

5. Feb 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    Um isn't this your first race?

The business side of me thinks its going to be easier to get people willing to sponsor you once you have a race under your belts. I say this because they would want to make sure their investment will pay off by being seen by many people (either by finishing the race or pictures on big traffic sites or winning) Say you didn't pass tech then it was a waste of money because a small population got to see their logo. Same if you DNF.

Some tips for you. Give more background on your team and what class you are racing in and why you are racing. You can't just post somewhere and ask people to sponsor you. Think of it as an interview and your sponsors are the companies you are interviewing with. You have to sell yourself and your team to people. if people can't see that you provide value to them or their company then you aren't going to get anyone.

6. Mar 1, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    totalmayhem

Member:
    First Name:
    bolland
    lewiston
    Vehicle:
    Amaes... Thanx for the tips! Total Mayhem was started by one of my fellow quiet professionals and I. Those of you that have served may be familiar with what that means. We spent countless hours traveling across the desert in a couple different platforms during multiple combat deployments. My dream was to one day build my own truck that we could put to the test of Baja! So I began saving every penny, to slowly start what would eventually be called PROJECT MAYHEM. During the early stages of transformation we made a key contact with Hassim from Engage Offroad! The customer service and product from Engage is amazing! So to answer your question YES this is our first race. We are entering the sportsman class of SCORE. Our team goal is to complete the Baja 1000. Big goal for a first year... Yep! But, we are excited and determined. With the support of Engage, TRD, Lowrance, King of HID, and 8x10 proofs, we are looking to take all this experience and use it on a green team. Ultimately we will be raising funds for the 1000, but for this trip we would appreciate any help whatsoever; even if its just a good ole' thumbs up as we go by. Let's hope we dont DNF, as that sucks for anyone new or old to racing, for it is expensive regardless! If anyone owns a business and would like further information please contact us, as we are eager and excited to answer all questions. As for pictures, dont worry, there are many more to come! Amaes, I look forward to seeing you down at San Felipe. What truck or car will you be racing?.. and we would love any further tips.

7. Mar 1, 2011 at 2:44 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    MOAR PICS!!!! lol tell hass im still down to tag along and provide free chinese food at the pit stops lol

8. Mar 1, 2011 at 6:29 AM
    in2nite

in2nite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    SoCal.
    Vehicle:
    blk 07 prerunner
    Engage Offroad L/T front and rear, Kings and 50t pack, Hella 4000's, Pro Comp Wheels and tires
    Good luck at the race Tyler.... You guys have a good time.

9. Mar 1, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    More pics, best of luck, and stay safe out there!

10. Mar 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    totalmayhem

Member:
    First Name:
    bolland
    lewiston
    Vehicle:
    Hey thank you guys for all the support!! James im flyin in today, so maybe ill see ya before we head down to mexico. Allso anyone interested in tracking our progress look us up on facebook under total mayhem racing. we will have someone during the race to up date all our irc info, and maybe upload the video from the sd cards... if we can then we will link it to the facebook page.

[​IMG]

11. Mar 2, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    totalmayhem

Member:
    First Name:
    bolland
    lewiston
    Vehicle:
  12. Mar 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    Engage Offroad

Engage Offroad Dezert Lovers Unite Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Engage Marketing
    Pomona, CA
    let me clarify what tyler is asking of the TW members, us (Engage Off Road)along with King of HID, 8x10proofs.com, California Miny Trucks, Lowrance glad to say Allpro Off Road are sponsoring Team Mayhem for the MasterCraft Safety Tecate San Felipe 250, he will be also Running a TacomaWorld Banner on the truck because he wants to show loyalty to this Forum, if any TW member "can and wants" to help out financially he will appreciate it temendously as yes this is his "First" race and it is very expensive to aquire all the spare parts needed and safety equipment needed to make this race happen, he is not asking for thousands of dollars, if anyone want to sponsor him with $5-$10-$15 or so on that will be awesome, no matter what the TW banner will be on the truck to represent TW in San Felipe, also if anyone want to help be part of the team please contact either us (engage) or Tyler (Team Mayhem) to get all the info

we are working on a way to update everyone as quickly as possible on status of the truck during the race and possible have video of the race also, if we can accomplish that we will post up where you can recieve all the info, but everyone can always track the truck via IRC tracking....

just wanted to clarify this for anyone that missunderstood, and yes pics of the truck with the new Engage/Glassworks clip coming very soon!!!...Hass....EngageOffRoad....909-238-6788

13. Mar 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    how much do I have to contribute to have an over-sized picture of my face on the hood? Im trying to develop the brand that is Aaron

14. Mar 2, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    For your face it'll probably cost around $10,000. Jen's face...closer to $10. :p

15. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    totalmayhem

Member:
    First Name:
    bolland
    lewiston
    Vehicle:
    Aaron... you would really want to ruin that nice new glassworks clip before it even sees the dirt?

16. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    i know what you mean. never quit brotha!!! were you a pilot or air crew?

good luck in the race

17. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:19 AM
    totalmayhem

Member:
    First Name:
    bolland
    lewiston
    Vehicle:

NSDQ crew.... and we deff thankful for the AF! the AC130 is your best friend!

18. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    TotalMayhem,

I'll be in the whoops section somewhere between MM20 and MM22, just before you get to VCP 2. It's that 5 or so mile straight away of horrendous, deep whoops. We will have three trucks there, possibly four (2 silver 2gen Tacomas and 1 lifted Tundra for sure). We'll have some basic tools, a race radio, water, beer, etc. We'll be willing to help in anything you need. We'll also be recording with a not-so-great cam-corder as everyone goes down that lonnnng straight away whoop section. Hopefully we can get some footage of you.

Good Luck!

By the way; dude, San Felipe is REALLY going to test your suspension. Best of luck!

19. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    nelson18matt

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    right on man, i was CSAR.

now i'll stop side tracking your thread...lol

20. Mar 2, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Have you had your rollcage tagged by SCORE tech yet? Do you have a build thread with detailed pics posted anywhere?

Products Discussed in

To Top