1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing harness plug

Discussion in 'Towing' started by A.T., Jan 30, 2014.

1. Jan 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    A.T.

A.T. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab TRD Off Road
    I did a bad thing today. I backed my 07 Access Cab TRD into a snow bank that had a cement planter hidden in it. I broke the darn towing harness plug off the side of the tow hitch under the rear bumper.

I went straight to my Toyota dealer to order the part. I was hoping they'd have just the last part of the harness, the plug and short bit of cable that go up under the bumper and plug into 2 white plastic plugs and one ground wire. I was relieved to see that the last part of the harness with the plug was only about a foot long and ended just behind the bumper. I assumed I'd be able to just order that bit.

Well, the parts guy could only dig up a whole harness in his catalogue and in the picture of it the plug looked nothing like my plug.

It's 7 pin. I'm almost certain it's the factory original. It was all very tidy.

In any case, he's ordering the harness for us to have a look but if it's not right then he is stumped and has no idea where I get a replacement.

Any suggestions? I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Thank you.

A.T.

2. Jan 31, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    A.T.

A.T. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab TRD Off Road
    OK. The good news, the parts guy found the right stuff in his catalogue. The bad news, that last 12 inch piece of harness and plug costs almost $400.

Why do Toyota have to be such dicks about the price of parts? You buy one of their vehicles and they reward you by giving it to you up the back side on every little replacement nut and bolt. They should be ashamed of themselves.

:mad:

The search is on with my local wreckers.

3. Oct 10, 2015 at 12:39 AM
    gregb287

gregb287 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD OFF ROAD DCSB
    Bilstein 5100 front and rear, 1.5 deaver aal, trd skid plate, 17x9 xd misfits, 265/70/r17 general at2, lund nerf bars, westin tail light covers, amp bed extender, interior led swap, k&n airfilter, 20% window tint, LR uca's , spidertrax spacers
    I feel for you im in the same situation.

Products Discussed in

To Top