1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota customer service blows.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaZappa, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Sep 22, 2009 at 5:25 PM
    TacomaZappa

TacomaZappa [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orange County Ca.
    Vehicle:
    "09 AC Auto 6Cyl TRD SR5 Prerunner OR Stock
    Stock
    I bought my '09 2WD loaded prerunner AC last month. I got suckered into the "Platinum" 7 year-70,000 mile gizmo fix anything extended warrantee for only $2,495. I also got suckered into the Prepain Maintenance Program for only $1,400. That's basically FOUR GRAND. I canceled both programs at one month into the loan and have been hem hawed and lied to the whole way. Was told yesterday by Toyota Financial that the refund had been applied. Today, no refund applied. I am so pissed that I may start drinking again. They know I live close to Torrance and perhaps should get their stuff together before I drive my '79 bronco I am looking to get rid of through their front door.

Sorry for the rant.

Brian

2. Sep 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Talk with the manager... if you still have issues getting the refund start a ticket with Toyota Corporate to put pressure on from that side. Sucks you feel like you got jipped man, but you did sign and accept those programs... live and learn for next time.

3. Sep 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    danb86

danb86 East Ender

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 I4 Access Cab 4x4
    After throwing a fit in the finance officer's office 2 weeks ago, I got the 7 year/100,000 mile Platinum plan reduced to $825 from $1,195...

In the vernacular, "you wuz robbed".

4. Sep 22, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    TacomaZappa

TacomaZappa [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orange County Ca.
    Vehicle:
    "09 AC Auto 6Cyl TRD SR5 Prerunner OR Stock
    Stock
    Yes Dan, I was. I finally came to my senses and added up the numbers. The dealership is not happy with my opinion but oh-well.

I would like to thank this Fine Board for helping me save a buttload of money with your thoughtful and informative posts.

Brian

5. Sep 22, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    They said the would refund your money, give them some time. Remember, note every name you talked to, first and last, and time you made the call or the time they returned the call. Keep any and all messages and e-mails. If this goes to small claims court you want to be armed to the teeth so to speak, don't go armed to court, bad bad idea. Keep us posted!

6. Sep 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    No offense but the only person you should be mad at is yourself, you recognized you succumb to the sales pitch and now your mad cause your refund isnt fast enough? Not saying your not entitled to a refund but it isn't gonna happen overnight, could possibly take months

7. Sep 23, 2009 at 2:40 AM
    AFTaco

AFTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-road
    Theres a couple of Toyota dealers that sell them all day long for 800 or less. I never bother buying them at the stealerships. Less haggling you have to do.

Products Discussed in

To Top