1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Lifetime Tire Warranty?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by DubyaDawg, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Jul 12, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    DubyaDawg

DubyaDawg [OP] Underprepared and Overconfident

Member:
    Tulsa/Norman, OK
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Avid Light Bar, KC Dayliters, Roll-N-Lock bed cover, TRD Center Caps, Fog Light Anytime Mod.
    Hey guys. Whenever we bought my truck we went ahead and got the lifetime tire warranty as they gave it to us almost for free (I know I'll likely get shit for that, just believe me) which states that assuming I take the truck in for the scheduled maintenance at the dealer and have the tires rotated every 5k miles, they'll replace the tires when the tread gets down to a certain point (pretty damn low I think). I took the truck in a few weeks ago because I ran over a nail and they said they don't do patching so they'd have to replace it, so instead I took it to a tire place and they patched it for free. (Dealer said this would do nothing to the warranty, in fact the guy suggested I take it to this place). Anyway when I was talking to him I mentioned the tire warranty, and he said that instead of replacing them with the same Dunflops they just give you a certain amount of credit towards new tires (he said $600 or $700) and you can get what you want, and add your own money if tat doesn't cover whatever tires you want. I was just wondering if this is really true?? I've searched the internet and not found much to back this up, but I REALLY would like some new shoes for the Taco. Thanks in advance!

2. Jul 12, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Never heard of any such warranty. I have heard of Road Hazard warranties but not lifetime. I myself would have passed but I also knew my wheels/tires weren't going to stay stock. I did push them into giving me two years worth of oil changes for free. They didn't want to at first but I told them if it weren't included I would walk from the deal. Always have to turn the tables on those bastids otherwise they will take advantage.

3. Jul 12, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    DubyaDawg

DubyaDawg [OP] Underprepared and Overconfident

Member:
    Tulsa/Norman, OK
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Avid Light Bar, KC Dayliters, Roll-N-Lock bed cover, TRD Center Caps, Fog Light Anytime Mod.
    Well I guess it's worth a shot, surprisingly the guys at this dealer seem to know more about what they're talking about, I've yet to have a bad experience there (knock in wood). The guy who told me this has a Taco himself and said he used it to go towards some BFGs, guess I can keep my hopes up.

Products Discussed in

To Top