1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Recall & URD MAF

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06tacodude, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Aug 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    06tacodude

06tacodude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    IG: @go_nesw
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Stage 4, TC UCA, K&N filter, SG-II, Relentless Fabrication bumpers, RCI Sliders and tank skid, BajaDesigns LED, URDMAF, 4.56 Yukon Gears, Rear ARB locker, ARB dual air compressor, RLD cap, Prinsu cab rack, FNWheels Six Shooter.
    With the recall, reprogramming of ECU for the Brake Over-ride system, will I have to remove the URD MAF that is installed first? Or can I leave it in there?
    After reprogramming, does the MAF need to be remapped?

Note: This is not a discussion about whether or not to perform the recall. I'm asking how the recall affects the currently installed URD MAF.

2. Aug 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Just a guess- but it should not need to be remapped...It will still make the changes to the fuel settings as normal...I don't think they really changed how the engine runs...Just how some of the other stuff happens.
    But they may give you a hard time if you go in with it plugged in.

Not sure tho.

Products Discussed in

To Top