1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Refinishes Alloy Wheels Under 3 yr/36,000 warranty

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by sellyourtractor, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    sellyourtractor

sellyourtractor [OP] Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    I just wanted to let everyone know that this past summer I noticed my alloy wheels were severly pitted and rusted on the inside. Upon checking with my local Toyota dealer they told me that Toyota is aware of the problem in PA with the harsh chemicals applied to the road surface during the winter months.

As a result, they will pay to have my wheels refinished one time during the 3 year, 36,000 miles warranty. I was placed on a list and a mobile unit from Pittsburgh, PA actually came to the dealership and refinished my wheels at no cost to me.

I could not believe how much better they looked compared to even when they were new! I just thought I would pass this along to anyone who may be experiencing pitting or rust on their wheels.

2. Jan 8, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    4low2go

4low2go Well-Known Member

Member:
    Coatesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    10 RC 4x4 5sp MGM
    Curt hitch, OBX Shift
    Thanks for the info! I hope I can get my Tacoma Steeles done once. I have had wheel issues with every new vehicle I had for a while, here in PA. Thanks Toyota for being cool about this :yay:

3. Jan 8, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    NOOOO, my warranty just expired 2 days ago...i jsut spent the last 2 weeks getting all of the warranty work done that i possibly could.:annoyed:

oh well, looks like i'll be painting them black.

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    sellyourtractor

sellyourtractor [OP] Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    I couldn't believe they were willing to completely refinish them at no cost to me. The only drawback was waiting a couple of months on the list until my turn came up to bring my truck in for the refinishing process. Apparently, the mobile unit can only do about two vehicles per 8 hour day with travel and all factored in. The wait was well worth it.

One major advantage to this is that the new finish is actually better than the original finish from the factory. This is because the new finish is better formulated to stand up to the harsh road chemicals. Also, I was told that the coverage is much better to start with so I shouldn't have any problems for a long time.

5. Jan 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    4low2go

4low2go Well-Known Member

Member:
    Coatesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    10 RC 4x4 5sp MGM
    Curt hitch, OBX Shift
    I've been on the Chevrolet repaint list back in the early 90's for an S-10 pickup. The entire truck stripped and repainted after a few years old was definitely worth the wait. It was like having a brand new vehicle.

Products Discussed in

To Top