1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec 2 inch ft spacer w/265 tires pics

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jasper07, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Apr 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    jasper07

jasper07 [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 V6 4WD 6 SPEED DOUBLE CAB
    I finally decided to go with the 2 inch front spacer from Toytec to level my truck out and give me some lift. I already had the TSB done so the rear is slightly higher. Does anyone have pics of a similar setup with 265/75 R16 tires? I want to go with that size for fuel mileage but I don't know if they will look to small. The other option is 285's. Thanks.

2. Apr 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM
    rednblacktaco

rednblacktaco Member

Member:
    Prescott,AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2008 DBLCAB Pre-Runner TRD SPORT SR5 Longbed
    Limo tint all around,50% tinted windshield too.3"ToyTec lift kit with rear AAL's,3 degree shim kit,carrier bearing spacer kit,sway bar spacer kit.Toyota Bed Mat,Toyota D-Ring's in bed(4),future exhaust mods,lights,pre-runner bars,nerfs,etc....Completely De-badged now. Redline synthetic oils exclusively ! DIY Secondary air filter removal & MAF Screen removed.3M ClearBra on mirrors,hood and front fenders.
    285's will more than likely rub and hit. Look at my truck pics. It is a 3inch ToyTec lift spacer in the front,with a 2 inch add-a-leaf in the back. I used 265/75/16 on KMC XD Series wheels with a 4.5 inch backspace and no probs. I actually had test fitted a 285 on the same wheel at the time of tire and wheel install,and although it looked better,it hit,and would require trimming. Not really a big deal to some,but I wanted to keep the front mudflaps too. So it's up to you. But in my opinion,285's are too big.Plus,the fuel mileage will drop slightly more with the 285's versus the 265's.It also depends on the whell you are using and the backspace and offset. My offset,FYI is 0.

Products Discussed in

To Top