1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toytec, 3 leafs new tsb should have 4, should toyota install 1 more for me??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SilverTacoma, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Oct 19, 2008 at 6:34 PM
    SilverTacoma

SilverTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dblcab L/B
    stock so far
    I have a 07 tacoma l/b dbl cab 4x4 i took it in the dealer for the tsb rear making squeeking noise, they fixed it and I just installed a toy tec lift 3" with the rear springs, found out they just greased the pads, well now i am finding out they are fixing them with the 4 leaf springs? do i take it back and say i want the 4 leaf springs and my toytec 3" lift spring? help, also do i need to align the rear axle after i install them?
    thanks all

2. Oct 19, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You shouldnt have to align the rear axel.

3. Oct 19, 2008 at 9:30 PM
    jasonw

jasonw Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4WD TRD PKG 1, 2000 Tacoma SR5 4WD Ext. Cab
    Contact Toytec first and ask their advice. The 4 spring tsb should add over an inch of ride height to the rear of the truck (over the stock springs). When you add this to the 3 inches the toytec lift gives, may run into rear driveline vibration problems. Toytec sells rear axle wedges that supposedly help with the rear driveline vibration problem. The rear driveline vibration seems to be hit or miss. Some people have posted here with problems, other have posted with no problems. I am interested in what you find because I am trying to decide if I want to get the tsb done before installig add-a-leafs, or just go with deavers.

4. Oct 19, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    zmtnbik

zmtnbik FMLYHM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Trd Off-road
    Donahoe (Icon) C/O, TC UCA's, Dakar leafs, BilStein 5125's, 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's, Raceline Renegade 17x9's, u-bolt flip kit, debadged, TRD CAI, TRD exhaust, URD MAF controller, 20% front window tint, 3M clear bra on bumper, cam locks in all storage compartments, fog light mod, Alpine X100 deck, Co
    If you are running an AAL, I doubt Toyota will do anything. If you want the TSB done properly, you are going to have to remove the AAL and then take it back in and claim that it can't carry a load. Squeaking springs will just get a shot of grease, not new springs.

Products Discussed in

To Top