1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec adjustment question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cntstan, Apr 3, 2009.

1. May 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    Umm......I'm pretty sure it is 2" like I told you a long time ago. If you adjust them up that much you are going to have some ridiculous CV angles man.

When you do it stop at 1 3/4" like mine and see what you have.

2. May 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    I am going to do a semi-thread hi-jack. What is the difference between a coil over lift and a spacer?? I mean the both do practically the same thing, right? With a spacer you are lifting the top of the coil up what ever distance you have chosen and a coil over does the same thing. How is that any different??

3. May 29, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    ??? I was under the impression that spacers compressed the spring/shock, making it ride harder and wear on your front end more than CO's.

4. Jun 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM
    cntstan

cntstan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    You were right! I had to adjust the driver side up to 2-1/2" and the pass. side 2" (to accomodate the lean). I don't know how to tell if the CV angles are bad or not. I'm taking it in for another alignment tommorow so I'll find out then. As of now, everything is level and looks 100% better. I wasn't doubting you jolayiv, I was just going by the directions and assuming they were correct. I also found a better way to adjust the coils while they were still on the truck.......I tried banging on the spanner wrench with a hammer to spin the adjuster nut up but that was taking FOREVER, I decided to take some 1" tube steel and flatten one end to slide over the spanner wrench to act like a big (3' long) breaker bar.......let me tell you, that was a million times easier and had it adjusted in about 3 minutes. Anyway, thanks for your insight brother, you helped me a ton!:thumbsup:

5. Jun 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    No worries man. I was just a little upset that you have had to mess with this for so long. I can imagine it was a lot easier with the bar on the end of the spanner wrench. Snap a pic of your CV's and we will take a look at them. Here's a picture of mine:
    [​IMG]

6. Jun 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM
    cntstan

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    Sorry for the crappy pic. but here it is. If either side is going to be bad it will be the driver side and that's what this is.

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think.

7. Jun 2, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Can you get a picture of the top of the boot nearest the wheel? It's obstructed right now... I believe Chris has always said that you're ok as long as the fins of the boot aren't touching.

And I'll agree, the extra leverage from the bar on the spanner wrench makes it MUCH easier, but it's also much easier to bend the hell out of the wrenches that way too... I bent mine all to shit!

8. Jun 2, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    cntstan

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    The fins on the one nearest the wheel look close but not touching:

[​IMG]

The upper ones are definitely touching on the bottom of the boot:

[​IMG]

Is that really bad?

9. Jun 2, 2009 at 7:42 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I think I'll let Chris weigh in on this one... I was just parroting what he always said... :eek:

10. Jun 2, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    cntstan

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    Hey thanks Longhorn, you've been a big help also, at least now I feel like I got something for my money!:)

11. Jun 2, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    Scott41984

Scott41984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    00 TRD Prerunner V6
    Just remember guys... your AAL's will settle in the near future :)

Products Discussed in

To Top