1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ToyTec lift And I fixed a vibration issue during the process

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sledwreck, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:40 AM

sledwreck [OP] Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Here's the details on my truck it's an 06 DC 4x4 Auto NOT A TRD model and I'm the original owner. No TSB's have been done to this truck and current mileage is 97000 miles and yes I have had a rear and front vibration issues like most however not all vibes are the same as we all know...

• Latest is the Toytec 3 inch lift with 884 coils and AAL in the rear (Yes I know the 885's for DC's however I'm not an off roader and love the ride of the 884 so far)
    • Installed the Toytec diff and carrier bearing drop
    • Could not install axle shims because I forgot to grab some longer u bolts but turns out i'm not going to need them
    • Currently running 245\75\16 BFG' KO's been running these tires on my trucks for years
    • Upgraded the stock junk shocks to the TRD billstein shocks nice improvement
    • I also have Timbrens installed in the rear as well for those loads of dirt now and again.

Rear Vibe fix for me was the realignment of the carrier bearing housing prior to the new Toytec lift going in. Every couple of months it would move not sure why if it was from hauling or just a heavy foot now and again so I spot welded it in place once I had the alignment perfect. I ran it just over a year like this and no vibe but now that I just put the bearing drop in I have to redo the spot weld however things are good currently. Don't laugh it works i have a buddy who used a little bit of JB weld on his and he's still good.

My front vibe developed about 6 months ago after a day of light dirt road running and since then i have been hunting this vibe. At first I thought it was dirt in the rim or in the back side of the rotor nope. I checked, balancing, rims, front axles, change rotors they were due, checked ball joints, tire rod ends, steering rack, hubs,, anyhow you get the point. But not this as I'm installing my new toytec diff drop when I discover that the bolt on the passenger side diff mount bracket is big time loose where as the other was smokin tight so me being me I decide to tighten it back to spec which it was not even close to and went for a ride and guess what no vibe so I'm thinking it just can't be that easy so back to my garage to loosen it a bit again yes loosen it the way I found it and went for a drive again sure enough same old vibe was back. I still don't know why that bolt was loose in the first place but I’m just happy I found it yet pissed because as to why it was like that. Thing is if I never did the diff drop I probably would never of found it until it came right out. Anyhow all is well got the alignment done and it's smooth as silk so far. No VIBES

Just need some bigger tire\wheels now.

I’ll post some pictures shortly…
To Top