1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec or OME 3" lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by krisjw101, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Oct 23, 2009 at 12:48 AM
    krisjw101

krisjw101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Autobot in my rear window
    So I'm looking at getting a 3" lift and I have narrowed it down to 2 different lift kits the ultimate lift from toytec and the OME 3" lift kit also put out by toytec.
    -Is there anything that should be purchased along with the OME kit to make it better?
    -Why does the Ultimate kit come with shims and sway bar relocates and new u bolts and the OME doesn't?
    -Would it be better to do an AAL or buy the complete OME springs?
    -What makes up the price difference?
    ****which kit would you buy and why?****
    please include any other info that might help me out

2. Oct 23, 2009 at 12:50 AM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    No offense but there is literally 239403208 threads about 3" lifts especially OME and toytec...

3. Oct 23, 2009 at 1:02 AM
    krisjw101

krisjw101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Autobot in my rear window
    True, I just thought I would ask because there were some q's I had that I wasn't able to find or need more clarification on. Thanks though

4. Oct 23, 2009 at 1:38 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I choose OME. I ran it for a while and loved it.

5. Oct 23, 2009 at 2:41 AM
    AlexForbesR6

AlexForbesR6 My R6 Eats Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 6-Spd
  6. Oct 23, 2009 at 3:35 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    -UCAs should be purchased with either to ensure proper travel and alignment.
    -The coilover adjustment threads rub the sway bar on the Ultimate Kit- The shocks in the OME kit are smaller so there is no rubbing.
    -The complete springs would be better in any situation. They are a bit easier to install imo and the OME springs maintain load capacity and improve flex.
    -Not sure what makes the price difference- The shocks are different. and there are more parts that require fabrication in the ultimate kit.

I'd buy OME again without a doubt. I like the ride and the lift performance. "Easy" to install.

Products Discussed in

To Top