1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toytec ultimate ride quality.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rmarqu2, Aug 29, 2009.

?

Already having bilstein shocks... Satisfied or dissatisfied?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2009.
  1. satisfied

100.0%
  2. dissatisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aug 29, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    rmarqu2

rmarqu2 [OP] YES... i am a murse....

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4
    FOX 2.5 coilovers, FOX 14" rears, AP expos, AP front plate bumper and skid, lightforce 240 blitz, warn m8000, 3/8 amsteel, BAMF sliders, cheap Chinese rock lights, ARB lockers all around
    Hey guys, first off.... Ya'll have a top notch forum over here and i can't believe how informative and easy it is to find information on here. i've been browsing this site everyday for like 3 weeks and after hundreds of answered questions i had, i FINALLY have a question that i would like some more specific clarification on (i'm sure it's answered somewhere but i've been wanting to post something dammit!).....

OK,,,, I currently in the process of getting my toytec ultimate lift installed at the shop. I just wanted to get some feedback on the ride quality of the bilstein shocks that come with the kit. How does it compare to the stock shocks? Is there a noticeable difference when on the highway? (are louisiana public highways considered on-road or off-road? lol) Is it a different feel that i'm just gonna have to get used to? I'm gonna be riding on 285/75R16 Mickey Thomson Baja MTZ's.

just want to get a better idea of what my product will have in store for me when i get it! thanks guys!

2. Aug 29, 2009 at 11:29 PM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers
    Well it's definitely gonna be a different feel. You'll feel alot more through your tires, but the shocks should give you some pretty good ride quality. I don't have them in the front, but i've got Billy's 5100's in the rear and it feels great.

I run ICON's in the front so i wouldn't be able to tell you. I can say that ICON's run great. :D

I think you'll be satisfied though. Toytec makes good stuff. I hear alot of good things about them.

3. Aug 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I like the toytec coils a lot, but will eventually be upgrading to some extended ones like IVD.

4. Aug 30, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    so far mine have been awesome I am completly satisfied with this setup

5. Aug 30, 2009 at 7:48 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    Look at my gallery. You are getting just about the same set up as I'm currently running. Even the tires. I love mine. No complaints what so ever.

6. Aug 31, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    rmarqu2

rmarqu2 [OP] YES... i am a murse....

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4
    FOX 2.5 coilovers, FOX 14" rears, AP expos, AP front plate bumper and skid, lightforce 240 blitz, warn m8000, 3/8 amsteel, BAMF sliders, cheap Chinese rock lights, ARB lockers all around
    Yea i did notice that your setup will be pretty much exactly like mine except i'm gonna have some 16in MT sidebiter rims on mine. I'm getting excited to getting all this stuff out the way and installed because your setup is sweet! mad props...

Products Discussed in

To Top