1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS Compatability

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by SC4333, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Feb 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    I am in need of 2 TPMS sensors for my steel wheels and came across these (off a Tundra) in Dallas. The question is, does anyone know if these sensors are compatible with the Tacoma (granted they are programed by the dealer)? They are steel wheels which I would imagine takes care of issue #1, but I am not sure if they could be programed to work with the Tacoma's TPMS module.

It has been quite a challenge tracking some TPMS sensors down, at least for a decent price. I would definitely be willing to drive up to Dallas and pick these up if they will work.

Here they are...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/1009922518.html

2. Feb 5, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Unfortunately, the 07 and up tundras use a different TPMS sensor with an 8 digit ID code instead of the 7 digit like yours would have, and they are not compatible between the two styles. A lot of times, if you go to your dealership and ask, there may be a box of used, but perfectly good sensors they can sell you for considerably cheaper than list price. Any time you have a customer switch from their steel wheels to alloy's they usually have to replace the set of sensors as well for a set with different angles to the stem.

good luck :)

3. Feb 5, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Well it was worth a shot. Great information BTW. I will be going to a couple dealers around town and seeing if I can get a deal on some TPMS sensors!

4. Feb 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Let me know if you find any or not... I'm 99% sure I have a handful of them in my toolbox.

Products Discussed in

To Top