1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by SR54x4, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    SR54x4

SR54x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SR5 Tundra
    Magnaflow 12588, TSC lo-pro extra deep toolbox, step bars and bull bar
    Will the stock tire sensors from my 2010 Taco with the STEEL wheels work with aftermarket ALLOY wheels?

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yes...The valve stem may not fit exactly right tho...You might have to turn the 180 degrees or get a strap kit to make them fit right.

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    moonman

moonman Active Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 4x4 V-6 Access Cab
    TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Hood Struts, 5100's all 4, Kenwood DDX-812 w/NAV. 5100's + and a leaf. HID Projectors, HID Fog's, 4x4 Light, WET OKOLE, Fog Lights anytime, Smoked Tailights, LED Lamps, Red Line Hood Struts, Piller Gauge's,
    I tried to do that and They don't fit in there as they are different , The ones for the stock steel wheel is bent at 40 deg and the one for the stock Aluminum is bent at 20 deg. You maybe able to somehow get it in there but it wont be like they were.

4. Aug 4, 2010 at 6:36 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    spot on info.
    Buy the strap kit or get the installer to turn 180.
    Many here have done both.

5. Aug 16, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    SR54x4

SR54x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SR5 Tundra
    Magnaflow 12588, TSC lo-pro extra deep toolbox, step bars and bull bar
    Ok thanks for the help. Here is another question...

If I get new wheels and either re-use the old ones or get new ones is it true that only Toyota can calibrate them? If so how much will this cost me?

Also, scenario two would be I just put the bigger tires on my stock steel wheels. Again will Toyota have to re-calibrate the stock sensors?

6. Aug 27, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    mxracer452

mxracer452 Member

Member:
    Spraggs, PA
    stock for now, 5100'a all around with 885 coils and 2' aal in rear, light racing uca's and m/t sidebiter wheels 16x8, and nitto terra grapplers 285/75/16 in the spring
    i'm getting new wheels for mine too, and instead of swapping the sensors as i want to keep my stock wheels for winter, i found oe sensors here for 35 bucks a piece, www.wholesaletpms.com. i found out that walmart will reprogram them for like 20 bucks, might be something worth looking into.

7. Aug 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you keep the same sensors and change the rims and/or tires- You can reset the "standard" pressure with the button under the steering wheel.
    If you get new sensors, I think the guys quoted below is right. Any big name wheel/car place should be able to do it.

Products Discussed in

To Top