1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS sensors

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mikkydee, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Jun 19, 2021 at 10:39 AM
    mikkydee

mikkydee [OP] My Taco 2007 DCLB 4x4 Man Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Doyle
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCLB Tacoma, 4X4, 4.0 Liter, 6" lift, 20" rims, 34" tires
    6" lift, 20 " inch rims, 34" tires, billet grill, aftermarket fender flares, custom rear bumper, DVd player with backup camera, all LED lights
    MY tire sensors had given up the ghost before I bought my 2007 Tacoma about 3 years ago. My understanding is the OEM sensors that came on the truck had about a 10 year life span. I do not know when the aftermarket wheels and rims were installed as it was done by previous owner. I don't know if he used original TPMS or had to get different ones to fit the wheel and tire upgrade. Just figured I would change them out when I had to put tires on her. Well the dreaded day is close, I will need to mortgage the wife to put tires on this baby and want to put some long battery life sensors on it when the tires get installed so I don't have to go through this again in 5 years.. I have done a fair amount of reading on this and still come up unsure what part numbers I need for my specific application. help appreciated. 2007 TRD Sport with 6" lift, 20" rims, 33" tires.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Biscuits likes this.
  2. Jun 19, 2021 at 11:02 AM
    spitdog

spitdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Access Cab V6 4x4 SR5 MGM
    If you just took it to discount tire you would put the monkey on there back and may end up with some kind of guarantee. It’s kind of dependent on your wheels also, I know oem steel and alloy rims require different tpms.

3. Jun 19, 2021 at 11:03 AM
    jbrnigan

jbrnigan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport, 4X4, 4.0L, Auto - Access Cab
    Finding sensors for aftermarket wheels "might" be problematic......But, factory Denso sensors are available from Amazon at competitive pricing (as well as other brands). Your best bet is probably to "bite the bullet" and have your tire installer / dealer provide the sensors, then they are responsible for fitment and activation.

Biscuits and TnShooter like this.
  4. Jun 19, 2021 at 11:32 AM
    Chuy

Chuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lakeside, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 V6 DCLB 4X4 Sport
    Silver Taco
    If you have other cars with TPMS sensors, it might be worth it getting your own code reader and sensors. I got the Autel TS408 and Autel programmable 315/433 MHz sensors. If you don't have the OEM sensors to record the ID#, you'll need a tire shop to use a fancier code reader to read the OEM ID# from the ECU. And don't forget that your spare tire may also have a TPMS valve, mine did.

Biscuits likes this.
  5. Jun 19, 2021 at 11:33 AM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    My 07’ had a TPMS in the spare.
    When you get new ones. You can either buy 5 new sensors or 4.
    You’ll need to delete the 5 in the ECM for the spare tire if you choose to buy 4.

I also agree with the others. It would be better to take to a tire shop and let them deal with it.
    They deal with this stuff on a daily basis, they will know what works and what you need.

Biscuits likes this.
  6. Jun 19, 2021 at 3:33 PM
    mikkydee

mikkydee [OP] My Taco 2007 DCLB 4x4 Man Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Doyle
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCLB Tacoma, 4X4, 4.0 Liter, 6" lift, 20" rims, 34" tires
    6" lift, 20 " inch rims, 34" tires, billet grill, aftermarket fender flares, custom rear bumper, DVd player with backup camera, all LED lights
    I may be shooting in the dark here but it seems to me like there could only be 2 possible issues with getting the right TPMS. First it would need to be one that could be recognized and compatible with the 2nd gen computer. And the second would be they would have to be the correct type to mount to the rims. I know there are 2 types listed for the second gen. One is for steel rims and the other is for alloy rims. Looks like the 2 different types I have seen are snap in and screw in.
    Otherwise it doesn't seem like it should matter what size rims you have or what size tires you have. Am I wrong here?

7. Jun 19, 2021 at 3:52 PM
    Marshall R

Marshall R Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD double cab
    none
    About $20 each if bought in bulk. They are specific for certain model years. These are the ones I bought for my 2007. This is the 3rd set I've bought from Amazon for various vehicles at this price. All have worked perfectly.

Amazon.com: MOBILETRON Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor (TPMS) for Lexus, Toyota (TX-S008), 315MHz, Set of 4: Automotive

Since you have one in the spare you'll need to buy a 5th one.

Amazon.com: MORESENSOR Signature Series 315MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor | Preprogrammed for Select 270+ Japanese Brand Models | Replacement for 42607-33011 | Clamp-in | NX-S008: Automotive

Batteries typically last 7-10 years, but it isn't unheard of for them to last longer. My 2007 Tacoma's sensors were still working after nearly 14 years as of March. But I was buying new tires at the time and ordered these. Discount Tire installed my new sensors and programed them at no additional charge.

If you buy the sensors and have them installed when not mounting new tires expect to pay about $10 each for instillation.

Discount Tire wanted $65 each for their sensors installed. I'm thinking Toyota wants $100+.

mikkydee[OP] likes this.
To Top