1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tps light is blinking

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pinktaco808, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Aug 16, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    some number off each sensor to be entered in the computer. not sure now many seperate numbers are actually on those (PN, SN, RFID, etc).

2. Aug 16, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    When your sensors are programmed, the shop/dealer has a special scanner that reads each sensor through the rf signal the sensors emitt and then programs your trucks computer with those specific numbers.

The only thing you need to do is take it to a shop/dealer and tell them you need your TPMS re-progammed because you swapped wheels and now have different sensors.

I work at a KIA dealer and have done this for our cars many times. It's not that complicated.

3. Aug 16, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 [OP] Hot Steppa

Member:
  4. Jan 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    colt

colt New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    I disabled my tpms 2006 last week. It is very easy to do. If you haven't already fixed your problem, let me know. Cut blue wire, ground it, no more light.

5. Jan 29, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Mines been solid on since it got cold.... lol. They put the damn valve stem for the spare on the top of it and I'm too lazy to drop the spare just to air it up.

6. Jan 29, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    just put a piece of black electrical tape over the light.....

7. Jan 29, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Just to clear up some misinformation, new TPMS sensors CAN be reprogrammed into the ECU...no need to swap in the originals.

I know this is the case because I've had it done.

PM Archangel on this site for more info.

8. Mar 6, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    Blackbear

Blackbear Hardtooree Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blk SR5 2.7 4X4 5 spd ACab
    (DIY)...Fog lights, alloys, wheelwell liners, tonneau, frame cleanup & rustproofing, floor mats, trailer hitch.
    I like the wheelbarrow wheel or PVC tube idea (thumbs up!). At $100 for a reprogram and about $100 per sensor to buy the whole idea of TPS is absurd, just a bureacrat's knee-jerk reaction to a very simple need for folks to occasionally check their tire pressures (duh).

Help get this stupid requirement off the books by writing your local congressman. Tell him we shouldn't have to pay a small fortune for gadgets when simple tire maintenance works just fine.

9. Mar 6, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Just throwing this out there, but all of the ideas here are just absolutely wonderful. If the light is that bothersome, just remove it instead of cutting wires or having some contraption that tricks the system that you have to carry with you everywhere. The electric tape idea is the simplest and does no harm, wire cutting idea is the worst. Of course my personal opinion.

10. Apr 24, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    glasstaco

glasstaco Member

Member:
    ny
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4
    my light keeps coming on if i drive more than 30 or 40 miles after changed wheels to 17inch TRD sport rims w/ sensors (off a 2010) and had dealer reset sensors. only bothers me when i take rad trips, as that is the only time it comes on. tire pressures including spare are ok. this pisses me off way less than the stupid drivetrain shudder that nobody can figure out.

11. Apr 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Jesus guys pull the plug on the TPMS computer. It is like a ten minute job.

Worked like a charm for me.

If you build a custom device to trick the computer, you're just being silly. Pull one plug, 0 screws nothing. Then ground a wire. That's really it.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326748

Products Discussed in

To Top