1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

traction on side steps

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by slowlane, May 25, 2014.

1. May 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    slowlane

slowlane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab MGM
    I havent seen this done and wanted to get your thoughts. Ive seen people putting grip tape on their steps or sliders. Ive read that it works great but scraping your legs on the grip tape can be a pain in the ass. Ive looking around for other ideas. Do you think this would work?

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000W8N1ZG?cache=6a3a22f5a2a523d6c88c012e6a0adb5c&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1401030794&sr=8-10#ref=mp_s_a_1_10

Hard-to-find heavy-duty step treads, designed for superior non-slip surface area at work or home. Adhesive backing is weather-resistant, adheres to non-porous & semi-porous surfaces. Great for steps, truck running-boards, equipment foot-holds, reduce slips on smooth concrete or tile. 1/8"H pad, raised-diamond 1/4"-thick; approx. 80 diamonds per tread (1.2 per sq in). Use almost anywhere you need firm footing; pair of 17" x 4" treads in all-season Matte Black rubber. Versatile safety tool with peel-and-stick self-curing adhesive; flexible rubber can be easily trimmed to fit.

2. May 25, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I saw those at Home Depot last week. They are pretty thick and heavy duty, I'm not sure how well they will stick and hold though. For $10 it's worth a shot.

3. May 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    ffdawson

ffdawson Dirt Head

Member:
    Penngrove
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail 6spd
    Kings, Armor, big taaaarrrs
    Bought a set of those exact treads at Harbor freight for a few bucks. Grip is excellent, but their adhesive sucks balls. I used them on the underside of my Rooftop Tent to protect from the ladder, and they fell off after the first deployment... I seriously doubt they'd stick to your sliders/ steps.

I used the super sticky grip tape on my sliders for added traction and i have mixed feelings. I spent the past 2 weeks camping/ overlanding and it was great for deploying the tent, accessing the roof rack, especially when it rained. But the back of both calves have some pretty nice abrasions from getting in and out. If you wear pants it's not an issue... But Moab is plenty warm this time of year, so I was in shorts the whole time.

4. May 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    ffdawson

ffdawson Dirt Head

Member:
    Penngrove
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail 6spd
    Kings, Armor, big taaaarrrs
    !

Last edited: May 25, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top