1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trade 2010 Mazda3 for 2006 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by TacWoman, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Sep 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    TacWoman

TacWoman [OP] Member

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    Coming Soon
    I might be insane, I have posted here about getting a Tacoma, a chance I may have missed out on but I have looked around at different dealers and can't get a deal on my Mazda3. Finally today a dealer told me the Mazda 3 hatchback isn't selling for more than 13k at auction so there is no way they would give me 17k or more. I say I might be insane because I went to Carmax and was offered 16k for the Mazda and saw a Tacoma online at another Carmax that can be transfered. The Tacoma has everything I want, a Double Cab, 4x4, TRD sport, its silver it does have 71k miles but I don't think thats too bad. It already has side steps and a tonneau cover, the Tacoma is $20,849. I owe $24k on my Mazda ( I have only had it for 4 months)

That would put me at negative equity by 8k, adding that to the tacoma would be $28849. This seems like the only opportunity for me to get my Tacoma for at least a year. Am I insane for considering this? Or should I just go for it?

I love the Tacoma, test drove another today and it rides so much better than the Mazda 3 hatch!!!

2. Sep 30, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    You're crazy. No need to take a bath on a 4 month old car. Keep it a year and pay it downs some.

3. Sep 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    dagul

dagul Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    01 RR SR
    No sense going deeper into debt. Just live within your means and stick to what you need and not be so lustful about what you "want"... Seeing that you're in California, I doubt you'd need 4x4 in your day to day commute... However, if you want something to play with in the sand on the weekends, then a more dedicated trail rig would seem more reasonable when funds permit...

4. Sep 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    TacWoman

TacWoman [OP] Member

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    Coming Soon
    Just having a brief moment of insanity, I wont do it I just wanted someone to remind me that it doesn't make sense. I want a Tacoma and will have one for my outdoor needs one day but right now is not the time I will wait and save.

Products Discussed in

To Top