1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trailer License Plate Mount Option

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by VirusCage, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Jun 4, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    VirusCage

VirusCage [OP] Well in the secondary immune response

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Allison Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport DCSB 6MT 1995 Landcruiser 2015 Highlander XLE
    Hood deflector, window vent visors, stainless steps, kb voodoo bedrack, bed cubby cap seals, meso ext fuse cover, meso lower switch panel, 4xhella horns, power tray aux panel, 2wd lo mod, rear FU lights, bed led lights, BPF SKID and Hook, rear view mirror usb power ports, front and rear dash cam, front and rear cam anytime mod, cherry air freshener! Anytime 400watt, inside 110v outlet, BPF Skid plate, BPF shackle mount,
    Do you have a license plate that hangs low on your trailer? Do you wish it was up higher and illuminated?
    Well I did and do! There used to be a company called Plate Savers that made this item. They have since gone out of business and no longer offer their product.

I have been redoing a trailer and decided that I am going to make my own. I have access to a fancy CNC machine and I am currently drawing it up and designing my own version in CAD.

I will be making mine out of ABS black plastic and will be testing it shortly. I would be happy to share the files and blueprints, or to possible make a few if there is any interest.

The plate mount will be similar to the awful paint image (JPG) I will attach. I am finalizing the CAD drawings currently.

Please feel free to tell me if you are interested or if you think this is stupid!

Here is the old one

20200602_121228.jpg 20200604_121738.jpg

New horrible drawing...
    License Bracket.jpg
    Taking measurements for prototype....
    20200604_121851.jpg

2. Jun 4, 2020 at 4:22 PM
    VirusCage

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Allison Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Hood deflector, window vent visors, stainless steps, kb voodoo bedrack, bed cubby cap seals, meso ext fuse cover, meso lower switch panel, 4xhella horns, power tray aux panel, 2wd lo mod, rear FU lights, bed led lights, BPF SKID and Hook, rear view mirror usb power ports, front and rear dash cam, front and rear cam anytime mod, cherry air freshener! Anytime 400watt, inside 110v outlet, BPF Skid plate, BPF shackle mount,
    Hmm...I guess I am the only one that has issues with low plates.

3. Jun 11, 2020 at 6:04 PM
    VirusCage

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Allison Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Well I made two prototypes by hand to test out my design.
    I am going to have one made on my friend's CNC machine.
    Here is the prototype.
    My solution to a problem, that only I seem to have.

20200611_201733.jpg
    20200611_201921.jpg
    20200611_201926.jpg
    20200611_210358.jpg

ChemDawg likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top