1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tranny Yoke Seal Leak!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sataco, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Aug 10, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    sataco

sataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san antonio tx
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 PRERUNNER, ARMOR LID, UWS SIDE STEPS,
    the other day i felt my tranny slip while accelerating out of a turn, then it kicked back in and went thud!!! so when i got home i proceeded to break out the creeper and take a look. lo and behold tranny fluid over everything underneath. i immediatly took it to the dealer because i was heading to the coast later that day, he was great and got my truck in right away. about an hour and a half later he said he would have to order the part to come back tuesday and that it would be fine to take to the coast. the service guy said it is a common problem in tundras but they have been seeing alot of tacos come in with this problem, any body else have this happen? apperently the yoke and seal come as one part. guess i'll find out tomorrow how it goes. good thing is that it's under warranty so i'm covered.

on a side note the dealer said they had sold out of all their tacos and were waiting for another shipment to come in. nice to have the best truck out there.

2. Aug 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    eschmunk

eschmunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD Off-Road
    GrillCrafter Upper and Lower, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers, Di-Noc Carbon Valence Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Rubbermaid "ActionPacker" containers for bed storage.
    Believe this is what happened to me at 2600 miles. The dealership replaced the driveshaft. I went out to get in the truck one day and noticed spots on the driveway, tranny fluid. Ever since they replaced the driveshaft it has been fine. Funny thing is, the day it was replaced I had to drive to SW Florida from South Carolina and back that weekend.

3. Aug 11, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i had the same thing happen on my 07 DC prerunner. they never could get it fixed right. it leaked all the time. toyota ended up replacing the truck as a lemon. it started happening at 6500 miles.. good luck..

4. Aug 24, 2009 at 7:17 AM
    sataco

Member:
    san antonio tx
    Vehicle:
    well toyota did not get it fixed the first time so now i have to go back today and let them try again, must be bad because they said i would get a rental car this time. hope it comes out alright.

5. Aug 24, 2009 at 7:21 AM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    Which dealership are you using?

6. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:23 PM
    sataco

Member:
    san antonio tx
    Vehicle:
    universal toyota. today they replaced the whole driveshaft assembly and so far no leaks. gotta keep an eye on it. last time they only replaced a seal.

7. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB

If it happens again, I would take it either Red McCombs or North Park Toyota. They both have great service departments.

Products Discussed in

To Top