1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission recall?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by themuffinman619, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Dec 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    themuffinman619

themuffinman619 [OP] Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    Came across this on ttora.. Did a little searching about this transmission recall that this guy was talking about and came up empty. Could it have possibly just been a TSB?

2. Dec 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    themuffinman619

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
  3. Dec 20, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    It wouldn't be a recall as a recall is Safety related. If anything it may have been a TSB, which I don't recall there being one for a manual tranny.

4. Dec 21, 2010 at 4:24 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I call BS on the recall.

Even if there was a recall or TSB....the dealerships KEEP the parts they remove. There's no way he would've been able to keep it.

5. Dec 21, 2010 at 4:31 AM
    themuffinman619

Member:
    First Name:
    themuffinman
    Vehicle:
    Your moms house
    I guess it pays off to know a toyota tech.

6. Dec 21, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I know there's been a shit ton of throw out bearings and bell housings replaced on the 6 speeds due to the aluminum part that the bearing slides on wearing and is part of the bell housing. There is some company now making a sleeve kit of some sort that IIRC, Toyota was gonna start using on these warranty issues. Not thinking this ever got past being a TSB.

Found this, looks like Toyota is working on a different fix than the PDM kit but there is a cure it seems...........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...ory-resolution-great-t-o-bearing-debacle.html

links want you to register with fj site, let me see what else I can find........

Here, this is the one I was looking for...........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...bearing-release-bearing-issues-v6-6speed.html

7. Dec 23, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    07tacoark

07tacoark Still kickin like a chicken!

Member:
    First Name:
    Red
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 & 19 TRD-OR 4x4
    Lots on 07 ... getting started on 19
    ya know, i am actually having a problem w/ my transmission. when it drops 2 gears (passin gear) it sticks at 3k RPMs for over 5 seconds even if you completely take your foot off the pedal. then u can feel it shift out of 3k to 2k RPMs.

i wish someone had an answer for this as i have had no luck so far. i brought mine to the dealership bc i have extended warranty & they checked the fluid said it was good. they then tell me that there was a recall notice that came with whatever recall that was for the floor mats stating it was for the transmission shifting patterns to be changed.

i thought this was odd bc i actually got the floor mat recall letter & i didnt see this supposed transmission wording anywhere.

so i still have the problem & its actually worse. dont know if its the transmission filter, if its really goin out or what. would LOVE to know if anyone else has experienced something like this at all. i have 80k miles.

8. Dec 23, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    From what I understand that shifting issue tsb that got done when they do the brake over-ride/pedal recall was for shifting issues they were having with the 08 or 09 automatics. I have a 07 automatic and haven't experienced any problems but then again I only have just over 15,000 miles on the truck. Have you got your transmission fluid changed yet? I plan on getting mine changed out at 50,000 miles.

9. Dec 24, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    And..... if the transmission was removed due to a recall and someone got their hands on it.... You'd turn around and sell it to 'screw' the buyer?

That's a really good idea...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Makes you wonder exactly 'why' the tranny was pulled in the first place? There's no responses in that thread about any recall information. Knowing these toyota forums - someone would've found it by now if there was one.

Products Discussed in

To Top