1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transporting Harley

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by skydogg88, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Mar 9, 2008 at 8:12 AM
    skydogg88

skydogg88 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma
    Hey folks,
    I have to go down to Alabama to pick up my 883 Harley Sportster and am wondering if anyone know if it will fit in the bed of a 2000 Tacoma. Also, I have heard there may be an issue with the tailgate not supporting the weight when I ramp it up, any truth to that?
    Thanks,

2. Mar 9, 2008 at 9:34 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    You should be pretty safe, the issues mainly concern 2005+ models with the composite beds, none the less, a piece of plywood or better yet a 2x6 running from the front of the bed to the end of the tailgate would be prudent, Harleys are crazy heavy. :thumbsup:

3. Mar 9, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    DefyInertia

DefyInertia Saratogian

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    '05 DCLB 4x4 SR5#8 (white)
    Toytec Ultimate: ~3" up front via coil overs, LR UCAs, and SB delete; 2+ out back with AAL and new shocks. Leer cap, padded sleeping platform in bed
    I've done over 10K with my 400lb. bike in the back of my 2001 and another 2K or so with two 400+lb bikes in the back with no tailgate problems while loading or otherwise. YMMV.

Anyone know the max weight you can put in the back of a 2001 TRD V6? IIRC it's around 900lbs.

Products Discussed in

To Top