1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Cold Air Intake Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jabrackin, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sep 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    What is the main difference between the Old TRD Cold Air Intake and the newer model one? Also, whats a good price that a person can buy one for? Any ideas?

2. Sep 2, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    the gen1 had almost no restriction...the gen2 has a carbon filter allowing it to be legal to use in states like Cali...the gen1 design was made by AFE...the gen2 is designed by AEM...

as far as I know there are no new gen1's left for sale...only way to find a gen1 is its going to be used (you could buy an AFE Stage2 SI is the same intake as the gen1 TRD CAI)...another thing to keep in mind with the gen2 TRD CAI it tends to make MAF Sensor Errors making the vehicle run lean...

Coupe makes some sick covers for the TRD, AFE intake...here's mine pictured below...
    1101081446a_27b96bd1915accdf1397ca1100cc8f1836d34aa2.jpg

Gadget from URD did an intake comparison on a dyno...
    1GR Intake Comparisons....<-click for link

myself and other members here have more in-depth info about the differences between the TRD gen1 VS gen2 on another thread...I just can't find it right now...

Products Discussed in

To Top