1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trd cold air intake questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blackpearl11, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Oct 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    blackpearl11

blackpearl11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    Hey, so I was thinking about installing a trd cold air intake on my tacoma. I have a few questions however. First, how much do they cost? second, are they difficult to install (do they just bolt on and you ready to go or do you have to mess with the amount of fuel that goes in the engine as well, or are there any other issues.), Last, are they worth it. do they really increase your mpg and horsepower? Any help would be appreciated

2. Oct 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    The lean issue has been resolved with an easy fix. Don't let that deter you.
    Other than that whilersnapper got it right. They sound nice when you accelerate.

I believe there might be some HP gain in the high RPM range, but honestly I doubt it really matters. Buy it if you like the way it sounds. I have a K&N intake but stick with TRD. The TRD intake still sucks in cold(er) air, whereas the K&N sucks in hot engine bay air.

Here is the manual for the installation of the intake: (PDF)
    http://www.trdsource.com/product/Cold-Air-Intake-TRD/ProdPDF/PTR03-35090.pdf

3. Oct 21, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    spithead051

spithead051 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 OR S/C'ed!
    Supercharger, ICON 2.5VS w/ CDC, TRD T/X Pro Wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG MT KM2's, APEX three hoop bumper, Smittybilt X20 Comp Gen 2, Allpro IFS skid, All-Pro Sliders, Dynomax exhaust, aFe Stage 2 si, URD 2.85 stealth pulley, Oil pressure, oil temperature, boost, A/F ratio gauges, Devil horns, WO seat covers
    What's the fix for the lean issue? I'm looking into getting a TRD intake because I like the look and the sound.

4. Oct 21, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    Coupe

Coupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    Lots baby!

Products Discussed in

To Top